ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 4 dependent visa

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

MrAli
Newly Registered
Mood:
Iraq

Tier 4 dependent visa

Post by MrAli » Mon Aug 20, 2018 12:49 pm

Hello,
I want to apply for my wife for tier 4 dependent visa. Could you please guide me on what documents should I provide? More information about bank statement, can I submit the same bank statement that I used for my visa ?

sah10406
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Re: Tier 4 dependent visa

Post by sah10406 » Mon Aug 20, 2018 5:54 pm

MrAli wrote:
Mon Aug 20, 2018 12:49 pm
Could you please guide me on what documents should I provide?
See https://www.ukcisa.org.uk/Information-- ... Dependants
MrAli wrote:
More information about bank statement, can I submit the same bank statement that I used for my visa ?
Only if it is still within the 31-day limit, and only if it includes enough money to support both applications. You cannot count the actual same money twice.
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.

MrAli
Newly Registered
Mood:
Iraq

Post by MrAli » Mon Aug 20, 2018 9:12 pm

sah10406 wrote:
Mon Aug 20, 2018 5:54 pm
MrAli wrote:
Could you please guide me on what documents should I provide?
See https://www.ukcisa.org.uk/Information-- ... Dependants
MrAli wrote:
More information about bank statement, can I submit the same bank statement that I used for my visa ?
Only if it is still within the 31-day limit, and only if it includes enough money to support both applications. You cannot count the actual same money twice.
Let me explain my condition, I was granted the visa and planned to apply for my wife separately. I have in my bank account about £16800, but if we collect the total required amount for me and my wife , it will equall £23000 :shock: , I don’t know if I can apply for my dependent visa with the above fund ?

sah10406
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by sah10406 » Tue Aug 21, 2018 9:05 am

MrAli wrote:
Mon Aug 20, 2018 9:12 pm
Let me explain my condition, I was granted the visa and planned to apply for my wife separately. I have in my bank account about £16800, but if we collect the total required amount for me and my wife , it will equall £23000 :shock: , I don’t know if I can apply for my dependent visa with the above fund ?
Your wife just needs to show enough maintenance to support her own application. This money can be held in your name.

However, if she is showing the same actual money that you have already shown as evidence of your own 9 month's maintenance, that would not be wise. It may be assumed that you are applying separately so you can count the same money twice.

Hence I advise that if there is any overlap, you may wish to show enough money for her on top of what you already showed for yourself.

This is not required in the immigration rules for dependants, but I have seen a refusal under the general grounds with an accusation of deception for attempting to use the same actual money twice.
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.