ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Why do I have to provide documents for my partner when I am applying for ILR based on 10 years' residence please?

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

eastwood
Mood:
China

Why do I have to provide documents for my partner when I am applying for ILR based on 10 years' residence please?

Post by eastwood » Mon Aug 20, 2018 3:23 pm

Hi All,

I was just making an online application for my ILR based on long residency, in the document area it asks me to provide the following documents which I do not quite get.

1. Original copies of any documentary evidence you have to prove the relationship with Your Partner (for example marriage certificates), and correspondence addressed either to you jointly, or in both of your names, or addressed individually to you at the same address, to cover the last two years

and

2. Document(s) showing Your Partner's immigration status such as a passport, biometric residence card, or vignette

Shouldn't those documents be provided when my partner is switching to FLR(M) after I am granted ILR?

If I provide the requested document, will home office NOT return my partner's valid BRP card because she is currently a PBS dependant of mine?

Thank you all in advance.

eastwood
Mood:
China

Re: Why do I have to provide documents for my partner when I am applying for ILR based on 10 years' residence please?

Post by eastwood » Mon Aug 20, 2018 4:13 pm

Also it is weird that the document list does not mention anything about a police registration which I am required to have. Will the final document list (after payment) be any different?

eastwood
Mood:
China

Re: Why do I have to provide documents for my partner when I am applying for ILR based on 10 years' residence please?

Post by eastwood » Tue Aug 21, 2018 9:56 am

I have just finished the application and have booked an appointment, the documents mentioned above are indeed on the checklist, anyone knows why please? Thanks

l3chiffre
Cameroon

Post by l3chiffre » Fri Aug 24, 2018 9:04 am

I think it is an adaptable form. The queries change depending on what information you provide? e.g if you mention that you have a partner or child it will ask for those details.

I have completed and submited my application as i could not find a premium same day date for over a Month.

The checklist might just be deault and will be relevant based on the information you have provided.

I subited the online form, paid the fee (standard fee 2,398, as i could not find a premium appointment), sent the original documents, did the biometric all onthe same date 22nd August 2018) - i checked my mail tracking and it was delivered and signed for on the 23rd August at 1pm)

It was a straight forward application (I Hope) - i entered the UK on the 13th of September 2008 as a student > PSW >Tier 2 Sponsored > Spouse> and now 10 years. I have left the UK on multiple ocations around 18 times over the past 10 years for work and vacation but no one period exceeding 30 days and 140 days in total for the past 10 years.

Will keep the forum posted

eastwood
Mood:
China

Post by eastwood » Fri Aug 24, 2018 9:11 am

l3chiffre wrote:
Fri Aug 24, 2018 9:04 am
I think it is an adaptable form. The queries change depending on what information you provide? e.g if you mention that you have a partner or child it will ask for those details.

I have completed and submited my application as i could not find a premium same day date for over a Month.

The checklist might just be deault and will be relevant based on the information you have provided.

I subited the online form, paid the fee (standard fee 2,398, as i could not find a premium appointment), sent the original documents, did the biometric all onthe same date 22nd August 2018) - i checked my mail tracking and it was delivered and signed for on the 23rd August at 1pm)

It was a straight forward application (I Hope) - i entered the UK on the 13th of September 2008 as a student > PSW >Tier 2 Sponsored > Spouse> and now 10 years. I have left the UK on multiple ocations around 18 times over the past 10 years for work and vacation but no one period exceeding 30 days and 140 days in total for the past 10 years.

I do agree with you l3, that it is an adaptable form. I am just a bit worried that they might curtail my partner’s visa and not give it back given that I am granted ILR and therefore, my tier 4 will no longer be valid.

The booking requires a bit patience and luck TBH, I have booked on 2nd of Oct initially and changed to early Sep while I was refreshing the page and a slot is made available.

Your case sounds straightforward enough. Very best of luck!

l3chiffre
Cameroon

Post by l3chiffre » Fri Aug 24, 2018 10:19 am

eastwood wrote:
Fri Aug 24, 2018 9:11 am
l3chiffre wrote:

I do agree with you l3, that it is an adaptable form. I am just a bit worried that they might curtail my partner’s visa and not give it back given that I am granted ILR and therefore, my tier 4 will no longer be valid.

The booking requires a bit patience and luck TBH, I have booked on 2nd of Oct initially and changed to early Sep while I was refreshing the page and a slot is made available.

Your case sounds straightforward enough. Very best of luck!
Thanks @eastwood

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Aug 24, 2018 10:24 am

@ Eastwood - you don't have to send your partners documents for SET(LR) form application.

See 'sugarfreepolo' post below. It is very limited documentation you need to submit.

indefinite-leave-to-remain/successful-p ... l#p1673286
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

heyaheya
Member of Standing

Post by heyaheya » Fri Aug 24, 2018 11:02 am

l3chiffre wrote:

hello , i have a question u know when u file the application online.. at the end straight away the dates come to submit documents and bio metric... or do u get email ... and then at the post office u will give biometric and send documents which includes printed form which u have submitted online already , checklist, life in uk test, english language etc. is that so? many thanks for your time...

eastwood
Mood:
China

Post by eastwood » Fri Aug 24, 2018 12:00 pm

CR001 wrote:
Fri Aug 24, 2018 10:24 am
@ Eastwood - you don't have to send your partners documents for SET(LR) form application.

See 'sugarfreepolo' post below. It is very limited documentation you need to submit.

indefinite-leave-to-remain/successful-p ... l#p1673286
Thank you very much for your reply CR001. So even if it is on the checklist, I don’t actually have to give it to them? The checklist does say ‘provide as many as you can’ instead of compulsory though.

eastwood
Mood:
China

Post by eastwood » Fri Aug 24, 2018 12:04 pm

heyaheya wrote:
Fri Aug 24, 2018 11:02 am
l3chiffre wrote:

hello , i have a question u know when u file the application online.. at the end straight away the dates come to submit documents and bio metric... or do u get email ... and then at the post office u will give biometric and send documents which includes printed form which u have submitted online already , checklist, life in uk test, english language etc. is that so? many thanks for your time...
I’m not using post this time, but I think you have to send your documents within x days of submitting your application online. Re the bio, last time when I was applying visa, I received a letter several days after HO received my application and documents asking me to have my bio registered. Not sure if that applies to ILR or if anything has changed in the past few years tho, I think it is probably better if you start a new thread.

heyaheya
Member of Standing

Post by heyaheya » Fri Aug 24, 2018 12:18 pm

eastwood wrote:
Fri Aug 24, 2018 12:04 pm
heyaheya wrote:
l3chiffre wrote:

I’m not using post this time, but I think you have to send your documents within x days of submitting your application online. Re the bio, last time when I was applying visa, I received a letter several days after HO received my application and documents asking me to have my bio registered. Not sure if that applies to ILR or if anything has changed in the past few years tho, I think it is probably better if you start a new thread.
many thanks.. good luck with ur application...

eastwood
Mood:
China

Post by eastwood » Fri Aug 24, 2018 12:34 pm

heyaheya wrote:
Fri Aug 24, 2018 12:18 pm
eastwood wrote:
Fri Aug 24, 2018 12:04 pm
heyaheya wrote:
l3chiffre wrote:

many thanks.. good luck with ur application...
Thank you very much :)

l3chiffre
Cameroon

Post by l3chiffre » Tue Aug 28, 2018 8:48 am

heyaheya wrote:
l3chiffre wrote:

Yes, Correct!

You get an automatical payment confirmation along with a link to download all the relevant checklist and documents. At the post office, you post the supporting documents and then do your biometrics at the same time. that's what I did.