ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Is work permitted if applied within 14 day grace period for FLR(M) extension (part two)?

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

thomp
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Is work permitted if applied within 14 day grace period for FLR(M) extension (part two)?

Post by thomp » Mon Aug 20, 2018 3:33 pm

Hello,

I have applied for the extension (second part) of my FLR(M) here in the UK. I submitted the application within the 14 day grace period. Can I still work whilst I wait for the result from the Home Office?

I am a South African with a South African Passport, I was given a Biometrics card but it expired on the same day as my Spouse Visa, 31/07/2018.

Any guidance as to what I can and can not do due to having submitted within the grace period would be very much appreciated as I can find little about my rights.

Best

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Is work permitted if applied within 14 day grace period for FLR(M) extension (part two)?

Post by CR001 » Mon Aug 20, 2018 3:43 pm

What date did your visa expire, 31 July 2018?

On what date did you submit or post your application (online/paper???)???

Do you mean you only applied after your visa expired?

If you applied after your visa expired, you don't have the right to work.
I submitted the application within the 14 day grace period.
What exactly do you mean by '14 day grace period'??
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

thomp
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Re: Is work permitted if applied within 14 day grace period for FLR(M) extension (part two)?

Post by thomp » Mon Aug 20, 2018 3:58 pm

Thanks for the quick reply -

My Visa expired on the 31st of July. I submitted my extension application on Monday 13th of August, via post (13 days after expiry).

The law states that you are able to submit an application within 14 days of your visa expiring providing you provide evidence of there being a good reason. I was able to provide this evidence.

They have taken my application fee, hopefully meaning that they are processing it?

Due to this grace period, does this mean I am able to work whilst I wait?

This 14 day grace period is similar to that of the 28 day grace period which was recently abolished.

Thank you

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Aug 20, 2018 4:04 pm

Due to this grace period, does this mean I am able to work whilst I wait?
As you made and out of time application, you are an overstayer and you cannot work. If your employer does the online employee check, it will likely come back negative.
This 14 day grace period is similar to that of the 28 day grace period which was recently abolished.
Yes, but usually for when an application is refused to make a new app within 14 days or for exceptional or compassionate circumstances.

If you wish to state, why did you not submit in time??
They have taken my application fee, hopefully meaning that they are processing it?
Fee is taken even if your application is refused.

You also risk being put on the longer FLR(FP) 10 year Partner route now having submitted an out of time application.

Also, what English test did you submit, A1 or A2??
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

thomp
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by thomp » Mon Aug 20, 2018 4:13 pm

Thanks again for your swift reply -

I did not apply on time due to compassionate reasons that where beyond my control - It takes two people's personal information to fill out a spouse visa and my spouse was not able to help me with the application until this later date due to exceptional personal reasons.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Aug 20, 2018 4:15 pm

Fair enough, however you made an out of time application and you will need to wait till you hear back from HO.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

thomp
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by thomp » Mon Aug 20, 2018 4:18 pm

Thanks for your help - in your experience do they come back with information about permission to work prior to the decision on a visa? Or is it most likely I can only find this out at the same time as their final decision?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Aug 20, 2018 4:20 pm

in your experience do they come back with information about permission to work prior to the decision on a visa?

No they don't inform you. Your employer can check online with your case reference number. https://www.gov.uk/employee-immigration ... ent-status
Or is it most likely I can only find this out at the same time as their final decision?
You will only know when you get the final decision.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

vinny

Post by vinny » Tue Aug 21, 2018 2:54 am

Did you provide reasons for the delay?
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.