ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Irish visa waiver programme for UK tourist visa

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

niceguy1
India

Irish visa waiver programme for UK tourist visa

Post by niceguy1 » Mon Aug 20, 2018 11:54 pm

Hi,

My parents have a 10 year UK Tourist visa, and they intend to come in via London, but leave via Dublin after a 3-4 month stay in UK. I understand that the Irish visa waiver programme allows people with UK Tourist visa, issued for upto 6 months, to travel to Ireland for upto a maximum of 90 days. Does this apply to people granted UK tourist visa for longer than 6 months as well? Please note this is not a transit situation. They will enter Ireland via road, so they technically require full Irish tourist visa authorization.

Apologies if this was posted in the wrong section

Regards.

max307
Mood:
Ireland

Re: Irish visa waiver programme for UK tourist visa

Post by max307 » Tue Aug 21, 2018 12:55 am

niceguy1 wrote:
Mon Aug 20, 2018 11:54 pm
Hi,

My parents have a 10 year UK Tourist visa, and they intend to come in via London, but leave via Dublin after a 3-4 month stay in UK. I understand that the Irish visa waiver programme allows people with UK Tourist visa, issued for upto 6 months, to travel to Ireland for upto a maximum of 90 days. Does this apply to people granted UK tourist visa for longer than 6 months as well? Please note this is not a transit situation. They will enter Ireland via road, so they technically require full Irish tourist visa authorization.

Apologies if this was posted in the wrong section

Regards.
What’s their nationality? The UK - Irish visa waiver programme does not include all nationalities.
I am not a lawyer or immigration counselor, all views expressed are my own, my comments do not constitute legal advice.

littlerr
Respected Guru
China

Re: Irish visa waiver programme for UK tourist visa

Post by littlerr » Tue Aug 21, 2018 1:51 am

Based on your nationality flag on your profile, I'm going to guess that your parents are Indians living in India as their normal residence.

Under BIVS, an Indian that resides in India can use a British Standard Visa to visit Ireland, as long as they present to the a UK port first.

The eligible British Visa that can be used to enter Ireland can be found here: https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... isa-scheme
Indian and Chinese nationals can travel to Ireland and the UK using the following UK visas:
all standard visitor categories where the maximum period for a single visit is six months

The definition of standard visitor visa can be found in: https://www.gov.uk/standard-visitor-visa
https://www.gov.uk/standard-visitor-visa
A 10-year visa is eligible as long as it is categorised as a standard visitor visa (for the purpose of tourism, business, family visit etc) and each stay is less than 6 months