ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Apply EEA Family Member Residence Card on Marriage Visitor Visa

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

cookiemonster19
Newly Registered
Mood:
Indonesia

Apply EEA Family Member Residence Card on Marriage Visitor Visa

Post by cookiemonster19 » Tue Aug 21, 2018 8:42 am

Hi all,

I have been looking for information regarding the said subject by calling HO and UKVI relentlessly in the past month but has gotten no clarity since the officers kept referring me to different numbers which in the end put me in a loop. Here is my situation:

I am an Indonesian and my bf is a Polish working for almost 5 years in the UK. We are planning to get married this year after having a relationship for almost 1,5 years. I know that to give notice or get married in the UK I need to apply for Marriage Visitor Visa. I am also aware that this visa only allows me to stay for maximum 6 months in the UK. I and my bf would prefer to live together in the UK right after getting married. Questions are:

1. Is there anyone know if it is possible for me as a (future) spouse of EEA national to apply for EEA FM Residence Card in the UK on marriage visa? If it is not possible, is there any other way for me to stay in the UK without having to go back to Indonesia first since it will be very costly?

2. If right after getting married I leave UK to Poland and apply for EEA Family Permit to enter the UK, will the Entry Clearance Officer doubts my marriage and considers it as a marriage for convenience?

Any advice for those who understand the UK immigration than me or have ever had similar situation would be appreciated. Thank you!

Richard W
- thin ice -
England

Re: Apply EEA Family Member Residence Card on Marriage Visitor Visa

Post by Richard W » Tue Aug 21, 2018 6:16 pm

I believe that, as you intend to live in the UK after your marriage, you are not eligible for a marriage visitor visa.

However, once you do marry your boyfriend, you can, when in the UK, apply for an EEA family member residence card and you should receive one. If you have entered using a marriage visitor visa, the fact of the deception may be used against you if you choose to subsequently naturalise as British.

DerickChu
Belgium

Re: Apply EEA Family Member Residence Card on Marriage Visitor Visa

Post by DerickChu » Wed Aug 22, 2018 12:44 pm

Hi Cookie,

Yes it possible to apply for EEA FM Residence Card while in Uk under any type of Uk visa.

So my advice is to first do your marriage, and then apply for a FM Residence Card while in Uk.