ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Practical questions - PR European national application

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

mgr9292
Newly Registered
Bulgaria

Practical questions - PR European national application

Post by mgr9292 » Tue Aug 21, 2018 11:56 am

Hello,
I submitted my PR application as an EEA national on the 21st of July, with a confirmation email from HO on the 31st of July.
I was wondering:

1. I submitted a paper application, how should I expect the decisions to be communicated to me - via email or via letter? And will I receive my passport back before I receive a decision?

2. When people report the decision timeline some of them say "Return of passports requested" - do these people request their passports to be returned or is this some type of communication they receive from the HO?

3. In the EEA forum everyone seems to be reporting Biometric evidence letters, however, when applying as an EEA national my understanding is that biometric information is not needed. Am I wrong?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Practical questions - PR European national application

Post by CR001 » Tue Aug 21, 2018 12:10 pm

1. Usually by letter.

2. You can request your passport to be returned, otherwise you will get it back shortly before/after decision.

3. You need to enroll your biometric information when you receive the letter to do so.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

at12

Re: Practical questions - PR European national application

Post by at12 » Tue Aug 21, 2018 12:14 pm

1. Via letter, and you will not receive your passport back before a decision is made unless..
2. You request it back like in the reports you have seen. This is done via this link: https://www.gov.uk/visa-documents-returned (make sure you DO NOT withdraw your application). Most applications are now being processed within two months though so unless you really need your passport it might be better to just wait for the final decision.
3. This is right, this cannot be requested from EU citizens while the UK is part of the EU (EU citizens must be treated like UK nationals and the government does not collect biometrics from its citizens)