ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Job Hunting Between Application & Approval

Employers looking for workers, people looking for employers: Get connected here.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Sher

Job Hunting Between Application & Approval

Post by Sher » Sun Dec 26, 2004 11:07 am

Any ideas on how to find a job between HSMP application and approval ?
PMs welcome
Thx.
nJOY !
may u grow by leaps and pounds !

:roll:

lynn132

Post by lynn132 » Fri Feb 04, 2005 9:12 pm

I see you haven't gotten any responses, so I'll offer what I've done for what it's worth . . .

I found a recruiter that specializes in my field. It took a couple of tries before I found one that wasn't dismissive because I didn't already have a visa, but I found a good one. Before I had my application ready, he had already set up one telephone interview (which went pretty well) and sent me a letter to include in my application that said the sector was very strong, initial enquiries to their clients had generated positive feedback, and that they expected to arrange several more interviews for me. I also spent quite a bit of time on job boards, luckily finding a specialized one in my field, from which I pulled tons of appropriate postings.

I hope this helps!