ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

H1b visa + British passport

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

anjali_devi

H1b visa + British passport

Post by anjali_devi » Fri May 02, 2008 11:30 am

Hello I am an ILR holder with a H1b work visa for USA on my current Indian passport.

I qualify for naturalization as a British citizen. So if I get a British passport do I need to get my H1b sticker transferred (from the USA embassy), Since I am planning to go and work in USA next year on this H1B visa while holding a british passport.

Thanks in advance.
Anj

jes2jes

Re: H1b visa + British passport

Post by jes2jes » Fri May 02, 2008 12:34 pm

anjali_devi wrote:Hello I am an ILR holder with a H1b work visa for USA on my current Indian passport.

I qualify for naturalization as a British citizen. So if I get a British passport do I need to get my H1b sticker transferred (from the USA embassy), Since I am planning to go and work in USA next year on this H1B visa while holding a british passport.

Thanks in advance.
Anj
Carry both but there is no harm in transfering to the Brit passport when you have it sorted out. Contact the US embassy by email and ask of the process and timeline. I am afraid there is a charge for the service anyway.
Praise The Lord!!!!