ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Extending AV

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

liveone
Newly Registered

Extending AV

Post by liveone » Fri May 02, 2008 11:46 am

I am currently on an AV (4 years) and would like to extend it and have completed a settlement visa application.

Need to know the following

How long before my current visa expires should I submit my application?
How long is the settlement visa valid for?
Even though my children have AV in their passports; would it be possible to include their details as dependents on the FCO visa? (much cheaper)

vinny

Post by vinny » Fri May 02, 2008 11:43 pm

You may extend your AV by applying for FLR(O) before your visa expires (190).

You may apply for SET(O) before your leave to remain expires, but no sooner than 28 days (4 weeks) before the completion of your 5-year qualifying period (192). Adults aged 18 or over also have to satisfy the Knowledge of language and life in the United Kingdom requirements.

You may include your spouse and dependants aged under 18 on the same form for free (194-199).
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.