ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

citizienship application supporting documents: 5 or 6 years back?

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Oskar
Newly Registered
Mood:
Germany

citizienship application supporting documents: 5 or 6 years back?

Post by Oskar » Wed Aug 22, 2018 11:25 am

Hello everyone,

I am about to submit my application and already have an appointment at the NDRS for next Tue.

I am unsure though how far I have to go back for in the documents to be submitted for "proof of living in the UK".

I am an EEA national and would have to go 5 years back BUT it also says that I need to have had my PR for at least 1 year and when I applied for the appointment at the NDRS, the category listed for EEA nationals was called the "6 year route"

So, now I am unsure if I have to go 5 or 6 years back.

I would have the documentation, it is just that 5 1/2 years back I was on job seekers allowance for a few month and I would like to avoid submitting the documentation for this - I am a bit suspicious of what questions that may raise...

thanks for your help!!

alterhase58
Germany

Re: citizienship application supporting documents: 5 or 6 years back?

Post by alterhase58 » Wed Aug 22, 2018 12:03 pm

It is going back 5 years from then date of application, nothing to do with PR, if you have held PR for a year or more that fine. Don't confuse naturalisation with PR, it's not a re-run. Even unemployed people get approval.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.