ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

First Extension for Partner ( advise needed)

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Noor123
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

First Extension for Partner ( advise needed)

Post by Noor123 » Wed Aug 22, 2018 1:23 pm

Hello i am new on this forum and looking for advise and help from anyone who has or had same situation.

I was on refugee status and sponsored my wife.. She came to UK in early 2017, she was given visa in line with my visa validity and expired same date as mine was expired... After few months i lost my job and child was born as well. to be honest i thought i could include my wife in my ILR application in the same form and i did that when i applied for ILR. I included my wife and child on the same application. I got my ILR and so did my child but HO retuned back the application of wife and said that i chose the wrong form and should apply through proper form and back the correct fee and gave me 28 days to reapply. I was surprised and totally didnt know this would happen. after research and study of several days i got to know that i made mistake and should have applied for my wife separately.

During the period i claimed benefits as well under my name as my circumstance changed. I claimed housing and then after child was born i claimed child benefit and child tax credit.. recently doing Job seekers allowance. My circumstance completely changed and no knowingly claimed benefit as i had no other source of income.. now i have to reapply for my wife's first extension and totally lost what to do... running through stress...
can any one please advise what to do.????

Thanks