ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

re Work Experience relevance to nominated occupation

Australia: Points Calculator | Skilled Immigration
New Zealand: Points Calculator | work visas

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

getmethere
Newly Registered

re Work Experience relevance to nominated occupation

Post by getmethere » Fri May 02, 2008 12:14 pm

Hi there

We are just thinking about applying to immigrate to Australia via the skilled independent visa.

My question is about the SOL - my OH will be the main applicant and has a few years experience in his field as an Environmental Coordinator HOWEVER, his occupation isn't listed on the SOL. (Well, it's listed in the employer sponsored section so I guess we could always try to get a job offer first but I believe that can be very hard while still in the UK).

Anyway, my question is - because his degree and qualifications are also relevant to a few other occupations listed on the SOL can he nominate these instead. He is qualified to do these other jobs but just doesn't have exact experience in these occupations for example Soil Scientist or Environmental Research Scientist. He would be able to do any of these jobs because his qualfications are totally relevant to them AND his current job is similar and contains a little bit of research and soil work but it's just not EXACTLY what he does. I hope that's clear?

What do you think? Apply via another occupation and hope they see the relevance of his current experience OR try to find a job in his exact field.

Tough one!

imsocute
Newly Registered

Relevant experience..

Post by imsocute » Thu May 22, 2008 1:28 pm

I have the same dilema with your wife.. coz ive been working in an insurance company as a customer service officer same job description as a insurance broker, which is listed in SOL,, but for the points of this occupation is only 40 and as per my research in their main website.. for occupations that has 40 points as long as your qualification matches the needed australian equivalent then relevant experience is not that necessary. but i am not 100% sure about this..