ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Second Credibility Interview Failed Disrupted Call

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

farooq71
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Second Credibility Interview Failed Disrupted Call

Post by farooq71 » Wed Aug 22, 2018 9:50 pm

Hi
applied for tier 4 visa and bio metrics + credibility interview done on August 6. i was asked typical questions why choose uk, this uni and this course, and future plans. it all went very well. i answered this:
i chose uk for its degrees highly acclaimed. to enhance my ability to speak english. and uk unis are regularly inspected to maintain high standards of teaching and learning.
i chose this uni cuz of its teaching methods, expert staff, assessment methods, how lecturers correlate theory with practice, how they encourage group discussions and presentations. etc. i gave 3-4 line answer to each question. i chose this course because of placement year offer, because of its dual accreditation. cuz of its course content. i told course module names. i told my future plans are to run a private consultancy but i can also consider joining a recruitment firm once im on the course i ll b better able to decide what im good at doing. i will include career counseling as part of my practice cuz youth in my country often suffers thru out their professinoal lives cuz of wrong choice of career. my subject actually is organizational psychology and its jobs are as a recruiter.
anyways, they called today for a second credibility interview and the call was too disrupted and noise in the line. she asked all the same questions and i answered the same way cuz i remember my answers but i changed wording and this time performance was poor. i had to ask every question thrice and even then i mostly guessed the question wrong cuz of poor signals. i told her the problem. she said she can hear me very well. since it was an unexpected call and i was just invited on a formal dinner at a strangers house so i felt totally awkward immediately answering an interview. i told her to call back in an hour. she called again when i was at home and again voice was heard even worse. she said interview is important for my application. i said i dont know how to sort it out. the call was dropped it did many times in evening too. anyways now i totally expect a refusal to my application. and i feel totally devastated i dont know why on earth i was having bad signals ... i dont know if they will call me again and if the voice will b clear. im like totally stressed out now! can i go for an admin review appeal after my refusal?
any thoughts on this please!!!!

sah10406
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Re: Second Credibility Interview Failed Disrupted Call

Post by sah10406 » Thu Aug 23, 2018 9:36 am

farooq71 wrote:
Wed Aug 22, 2018 9:50 pm
any thoughts on this please!!!!
Get professional advice urgently from your the university sponsoring your Tier 4 application. This is far too important to outsource it to (no disrespect) random strangers online.
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.

MrAli
Newly Registered
Mood:
Iraq

Post by MrAli » Thu Aug 23, 2018 10:08 am

Don’t worry, I had the same scenario and got the visa. Just be patient and let the University know about any updates

farooq71
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by farooq71 » Fri Aug 24, 2018 3:26 pm

Hi again
just wanted to update to those who might receive a disruptive call and noise on line stopped them giving a satisfactory interview. i received a second call from home office the next day. give them your landline number and it will b way better without noise or anything. the interview continued for an hour or so and it included past questions and a lot of new questions. it particularly relates to your specific case and your history. like could be the following:
your travel history if you have any, your nationalities if you have more than one. your professional history adn how much you earned in past how much you expect in future. where you see yourself after the course in future. if there is any dependents questions about them. their income their status etc. if you have any friends relatives in uk questions about their status income nature of relationship with you. your plans related to commuting accommodation etc. academic progression.first interview questions have been quite typical. like why choose uk why choose this uni why choose this

farooq71
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by farooq71 » Fri Aug 24, 2018 5:31 pm

MrAli wrote:
Thu Aug 23, 2018 10:08 am
Don’t worry, I had the same scenario and got the visa. Just be patient and let the University know about any updates
Hi can you please tell how many days it took to receive the decision after the second interview? by receiving the decision i mean getting the passport in your hands.

Bingos
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Post by Bingos » Mon Aug 27, 2018 10:32 am

On 24th I had a 2nd impromptu phone interview that got disrupted by network (interviewer acknowledged that network is bad by saying she can hardly hear what I am saying and later asked for another number which she didn't get because at a point she said she can now hear that I should proceed with the conversation) The call lasted for just 2min with a dropped call meanwhile conversation was still ongoing

No return call yet from the interviewer effort tried to call back was unsuccessful

Anyone here with advice and experience is welcome to share

Thanks all, for your great work and informed solutions to problems

farooq71
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by farooq71 » Thu Aug 30, 2018 1:09 pm

Bingos wrote:
Mon Aug 27, 2018 10:32 am
On 24th I had a 2nd impromptu phone interview that got disrupted by network (interviewer acknowledged that network is bad by saying she can hardly hear what I am saying and later asked for another number which she didn't get because at a point she said she can now hear that I should proceed with the conversation) The call lasted for just 2min with a dropped call meanwhile conversation was still ongoing

No return call yet from the interviewer effort tried to call back was unsuccessful

Anyone here with advice and experience is welcome to share

Thanks all, for your great work and informed solutions to problems
The same happened with a friend of mine! She got rejected yesterday with a few objections based on second interview. It has happened to many people this year dont know if this happens in past too. well ... you will receive the decision next week sometime. pray is all that we can do now. but yes they base their refusal mostly on second interview wrong answers when calls are not clear how can one answer correctly. this is so unjustified for someone spending too much and making efforts for so long.

Bingos
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Post by Bingos » Sun Sep 02, 2018 6:40 pm

Ok, @farooq any update on you visa

What was the questions they ask your friend during the second interview before the refusal