ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 to SET(LR) - FPN - Drunk & Disorderly.

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

nctw1
Newly Registered
Mood:
European Union

10 years - Long Residence application. How long before we can apply? Realistically?

Post by nctw1 » Sun Aug 19, 2018 7:49 am

• I still have 12 months to complete 10 years from the point of entry.
  • I understand the Long Residence application can be made 28 days before the actual 10 years.
  • I have read about few applications being applied well before and being protected by Section 3C - rules.
May I ask how feasible is this? Is this advisable to apply within the 12 months or the service time turnaround period of 6 months for the postal applications maybe?

The last year of wait is killing me and we need some certainty and predictability to plan the life ahead. :/

Also if it helps, I have current leave to remain expiring few months after the qualifying 10 years period. That is definitely not an issue.

physicskate
Diamond Member

Re: 10 years - Long Residence application. How long before we can apply? Realistically?

Post by physicskate » Sun Aug 19, 2018 11:21 am

nctw1 wrote:
Sun Aug 19, 2018 7:49 am
  • I understand the Long Residence application can be made 28 days before the actual 10 years.
  • I have read about few applications being applied well before and being protected by Section 3C - rules.
May I ask how feasible is this? Is this advisable to apply within the 12 months or the service time turnaround period of 6 months for the postal applications maybe?

The last year of wait is killing me and we need some certainty and predictability to plan the life ahead. :/

Also if it helps, I have current leave to remain expiring few months after the qualifying 10 years period. That is definitely not an issue.
Apply when you meet the requirements. Don't apply before. If your application is decided quickly, it will be rejected.

secret.simon

Re: 10 years - Long Residence application. How long before we can apply? Realistically?

Post by secret.simon » Sun Aug 19, 2018 2:03 pm

Are you an EU citizen or a family member of one? Different rules may apply to you.

Section 3c does not apply to applications made ahead of time.

As you have mentioned, you can apply upto 28 days before completion of 10 continuous years of legal residence in the UK. You can't apply in advance of that. You need to meet the requirements on the date of application. Not meeting the requirements on the date of application generally results in refusal and loss of the substantial fee.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

nctw1
Newly Registered
Mood:
European Union

Post by nctw1 » Sun Aug 19, 2018 5:56 pm

secret.simon wrote:
Sun Aug 19, 2018 2:03 pm
Are you an EU citizen or a family member of one? Different rules may apply to you.

Section 3c does not apply to applications made ahead of time.

As you have mentioned, you can apply upto 28 days before completion of 10 continuous years of legal residence in the UK. You can't apply in advance of that. You need to meet the requirements on the date of application. Not meeting the requirements on the date of application generally results in refusal and loss of the substantial fee.
Non EU actually and the application would be just for myself based on long residence qualifying rules. :oops:

Thanks for your response. 28 days it will be then. The application at this stage would meet all the requirements except for the qualifying 10 years legal residence period.
It’s just the wait is extremely unpleasant and I am exploring various possible scenarios and settings. :shock:

Thank you.

nctw1
Newly Registered
Mood:
European Union

Post by nctw1 » Sun Aug 19, 2018 5:59 pm

physicskate wrote:
Sun Aug 19, 2018 11:21 am
nctw1 wrote:
Sun Aug 19, 2018 7:49 am

Apply when you meet the requirements. Don't apply before. If your application is decided quickly, it will be rejected.
Thank you. :|

nctw1
Newly Registered
Mood:
European Union

Tier 2 to SET(LR) - FPN - Drunk & Disorderly.

Post by nctw1 » Wed Aug 22, 2018 9:58 pm

Good evening y'all!

I am planning to move from Tier 2 to SET(LR) application by August 2019. :)

SET(LR) form Section E. Personal History (criminal convictions, war crimes, etc.) clearly asks for FPN to be declared! :| :oops:

It seems we have to declare the Fixed Penalty Notices including Penalty Notices for Disorder?

The offence in question here is
  • Code: DA06
  • CJS Code: CJ67002
  • Act: s.91 Criminal Justice Act 1967
  • Offence: Drunk & disorderly in a public place
  • Police National Computer Recordable Offence
  • Penalty: Upper tier (£90)
Issue date: August 2015.

Does this give enough of a reason to refuse my application?
  • There are no other offences, cautions and/or reprimands of any sort before that or after that till date.
  • It was very stupid of me which comes back to haunt me at every turn. :(
Any help would be much appreciated.

nctw1
Newly Registered
Mood:
European Union

Re: Tier 2 to SET(LR) - FPN - Drunk & Disorderly.

Post by nctw1 » Thu Aug 23, 2018 8:47 am

:oops:

Apologies, looks like I have posted on the same thread as my previous separate query. :?

Any thoughts on the Fixed Penalty Notice would be much appreciated. :)

nctw1
Newly Registered
Mood:
European Union

Post by nctw1 » Sat Aug 25, 2018 10:04 am

Bump

nctw1
Newly Registered
Mood:
European Union

Post by nctw1 » Sun Aug 26, 2018 10:45 pm

I have come to know the following through several sources.
For it maybe useful for other applicants, FPN on its own doesn't warrant a refusal. Also PNDs for Drunk & Disorderly although a PNC recordable offence, it is not considered to be acceptance of guilt for paying the penalty issued.
Repeated behavioural offences might be considered as something against public good. One off events might not be as serious as it might seem.
It is still required and expected to be declared in full in the application as not doing so may be deeming that the appellant is hiding important/significant information that might affect the outcome of the application.

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Mon Aug 27, 2018 11:23 pm

It is not recorded on your criminal record as you have not been convicted of a crime, should not affect ILR
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

nctw1
Newly Registered
Mood:
European Union

Post by nctw1 » Tue Aug 28, 2018 12:16 am

:) Thank you.