ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR requirements for wife and child

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

globalindian
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

ILR requirements for wife and child

Post by globalindian » Thu Aug 23, 2018 12:41 pm

Hi All,

i am planning to apply for ILR for my wife and child by end of this year.
My details:
I have UK passport but my wife and child is Indian citizen. They were originally in UK couple of times through dependent visa of Tier 2 visa. However they had originally stayed in india for a year and hence their visa route got reset. They had applied for Family visa as a dependent of British Citizen and now they are living in UK for 4.5 years continuously.

I will need following input regarding the new ILR process:
a) Which form should I apply for the ILR application for my wife and child? Is it SET M?
b) has the application form changed to online or do i need to fill up the physical printed form (SET (M) version 07/2018) as well as the online application form? This is because the paper form and online form seems to ask different set of question.
c) If I have to apply for SET M there is a question in Section 12 A where it asks Evidence of where your child/ children normally lives and that you and/or partner play an active role in their upbringing.
Evidence of your and / or any partner's parental responsibility for the child/children.
Evidence of anything else you would like us to consider regarding your child's life both in UK and outside uk.
- Can you please advise what evidences which i should gather around it?
d) I understand that only last 6 month's salary slip is required if the sponsor is on continuous employment. however i was working as self employed at the start of the year and last year. Do you think there are any other documents required for this purpose from my self employment?
e) Do we need to pay ihs charges for my dependent?

Thanks in advance.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: ILR requirements for wife and child

Post by CR001 » Thu Aug 23, 2018 1:04 pm

a) Which form should I apply for the ILR application for my wife and child? Is it SET M?
Yes, Set(M).
b) has the application form changed to online or do i need to fill up the physical printed form (SET (M) version 07/2018) as well as the online application form? This is because the paper form and online form seems to ask different set of question.
You can use either, your choice.
c) If I have to apply for SET M there is a question in Section 12 A where it asks Evidence of where your child/ children normally lives and that you and/or partner play an active role in their upbringing.
Evidence of your and / or any partner's parental responsibility for the child/children.
Evidence of anything else you would like us to consider regarding your child's life both in UK and outside uk.
- Can you please advise what evidences which i should gather around it?
It does give example of what you can use!!
d) I understand that only last 6 month's salary slip is required if the sponsor is on continuous employment. however i was working as self employed at the start of the year and last year. Do you think there are any other documents required for this purpose from my self employment?
Yes, more documents required if you are self employed such as self assessments etc. Does your wife work?
e) Do we need to pay ihs charges for my dependent?
IHS is NOT payable for ILR applications.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

globalindian
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Re: ILR requirements for wife and child

Post by globalindian » Thu Aug 23, 2018 1:12 pm

Thanks CR001 for your quick response. :)
My wife used to work when I was self employed however she doesn't work now. I am planning to show only my permanent employment details for the period of 6 months before the application.

Does this mean that I will not need any other details regarding my self employment since the last 6 months prior to the application I am working as a permanent employee?

Another question is related to the online form which asks if we have have a property outside uk and if we do business activity outside uk? Do you know if renting the property is considered as a business activity? i want to clarify that I do not bring any money in UK from the rental income.

regards