ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA PR - paper form - original documents - HELP PLEASE

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

monkajanik
Newly Registered
Poland

EEA PR - paper form - original documents - HELP PLEASE

Post by monkajanik » Thu Aug 23, 2018 1:19 pm

Hi All

My sister (21 years old) is in the process of submitting her PR application on the basis of being a descendant/dependent of an EEA national (our mother).

My mother and I have already obtained our PR (and subsequently British citizenship) however my sister was not at the time added to the application as she was away in USA.

Now that my sister is applying in her own right, she was advised that dependents are only able to make PR application in PAPER form and the online form cannot be used for this unless the sponsor is applying at the same time.

She finally managed to fill out the 80+ page form and is ready to submit this however she is not able to send all the original documents to the Home Office as this includes her and my mother's passports, alongside other items she cannot be for months without.

IS SHE ABLE TO USE THE Nationality Document Return Service or a PR equivalent to keep hold of the originals whilst the application is being considered? Home Office and her local council keep giving her different answers and she does not know what to do.

PLEASE help/advise as she wants to get the ball rolling asap!

Many thanks
Monika

abraCadabra

Re: EEA PR - paper form - original documents - HELP PLEASE

Post by abraCadabra » Fri Aug 24, 2018 4:58 pm

monkajanik wrote:
Thu Aug 23, 2018 1:19 pm

IS SHE ABLE TO USE THE Nationality Document Return Service or a PR equivalent to keep hold of the originals whilst the application is being considered? Home Office and her local council keep giving her different answers and she does not know what to do.

PLEASE help/advise as she wants to get the ball rolling asap!

Many thanks
Monika
From what I've been reading on this, it is possible to request passports back via such service, without withdrawing the application itself.

Of course, at first you need to send in all original passports and documents. Shortly after that, you can request them back.

People have been writing this on another forum:
At the end of the form, Home office states the following: 'if I ask for the documents back, the application may take longer to process';
Personally I would ask for a passport only - unless you have a compelling reason to ask for any of the other documents back.

Hope this helps.