ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

What happens if?

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

teekay_tk

What happens if?

Post by teekay_tk » Fri May 02, 2008 2:12 pm

Hi
My LTR expiers on the 15th. I made an FLR(IED) visa application quite in time but it got returned as there was some problem with the payment. I have sent it off again, and fingers crossed it will go through this time, but if it doesnt, there will be almost no time to submit another one. How much time after the LTR finishes are you considered legal, or how much time do you get to make an appeal. I am worried as I have a wife + wee baby+ a mortgage.
I am on workpermit scheme.
I am asking this because this type of info is not clearly visible on the BIA site. it usuall tell you to apply in advance but doenst tell you what will happen if all goes wrong

Thanks for your help

TK

egg yolk
Newly Registered

Post by egg yolk » Fri May 02, 2008 2:25 pm

Dont worry, you will be ok.

jei2
Member of Standing

Post by jei2 » Tue May 06, 2008 3:20 pm

What exactly was the problem with the payment?

Some students were being refused extensions because payment problems took them outside the validity of their leave. Fortunately Jacqui Smith is supposed to have put a stop on deportation in these cases.

I know that's not relevant in your case but you should still try and check with your bank that your payment has gone through. You don't want any nasty surprises later on if you apply for ILR.
Oh, the drama...!

William Blake
Member of Standing

Post by William Blake » Thu May 08, 2008 1:58 pm

Jacqui Smith <---- completely incompetent
Every night and every morn
Some to misery are born.
Every morn and every night
Some are born to sweet delight.
Some are born to sweet delight,
Some are born to endless night

jei2
Member of Standing

Post by jei2 » Thu May 08, 2008 2:29 pm

WB

lol.. stop it! People are looking at me strangely !!
Oh, the drama...!

jei2
Member of Standing

Post by jei2 » Thu May 08, 2008 2:30 pm

ok well we both know why I laughed.. it can be just our secret. and the administrator's..
Oh, the drama...!