ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

TIER 2 VISA GN- Buying Property in UK

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

biddu
Newly Registered

Buying house in Tier2 GN VISA

Post by biddu » Fri Aug 17, 2018 9:33 pm

Hi Guys,

Do you know or think it’s a better time or idea to buy a house in Tier2 GN Visa?

I still have 3 years remaining and holding a permanent position here in UK company.

I want to buy house here in UK as an investment and also to survive with the higher rent.

Please suggest.

Thank you

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Buying house in Tier2 GN VISA

Post by CR001 » Fri Aug 17, 2018 10:06 pm

You can buy a house if you can get a buy to let mortgage. You are unlikely to get the best rates though if going with a mortgage.

This is not an immigration matter.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

JP145
India

Post by JP145 » Fri Aug 17, 2018 10:44 pm

biddu wrote:
Fri Aug 17, 2018 9:33 pm
Hi Guys,

Do you know or think it’s a better time or idea to buy a house in Tier2 GN Visa?

I still have 3 years remaining and holding a permanent position here in UK company.

I want to buy house here in UK as an investment and also to survive with the higher rent.

Please suggest.

Thank you
yes you can do. if you are two applicant to mortgage and both working then you should be ok to get mortgage but lender options are limited as many building society and many bank give mortgages to people with ILR / BC. many bank offer mortgage to Tier 2 visa holder but they have restriction on maximum loan to value and you need good amount of saving for deposit.

biddu
Newly Registered

Post by biddu » Fri Aug 17, 2018 10:57 pm

Thanks

Yeah. I got the saving and rates. But one more concern. If I decide to move back to my home country to anyone else, then can I still own the house here?

UKLL
Member of Standing
Malaysia

Post by UKLL » Sun Aug 19, 2018 1:12 pm

I am on Tier 2 and bought a house and got a mortgage. Limited options regarding morgage providers but you can still get a good deal. It doesn't matter where you are in the world, as long as you pay your mortgage on time, your house is always yours!

biddu
Newly Registered

TIER 2 VISA GN- Buying Property in UK

Post by biddu » Thu Aug 23, 2018 5:54 pm

Team,
I am on TIER 2 GN Visa and buying a property in UK. Looks like if you have a property anywhere in the world then you are not eligible for the first time buyer. And you will end up paying higher stamp duty.
So is there any exception to it? Or if we buy it in my wife's name primarily and I will be just a contributor, does it make any difference?

Or if I sell the property back home, will it make any difference?

Suggestion, please.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Aug 23, 2018 6:19 pm

CR001 wrote:
Fri Aug 17, 2018 10:06 pm
This is not an immigration matter.
Please speak to your mortgage advisor or citizens advice or bank or mortgage provider if you have qualified/been approved for a mortgage already.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.