ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Is it impossible to switch from Tier4 to Tier2?

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

thunder2210
Newly Registered
Egypt

Is it impossible to switch from Tier4 to Tier2?

Post by thunder2210 » Thu Aug 23, 2018 8:10 pm

Hello everyone,

I started to get the feeling that switching from Tier4 to Tier2 is near impossible for some unknown reason!

I completed my two master's degrees in the UK with one of top 10 UK universities (MBA, and M.Sc in engineering management) and still can't find a company to sponsor.

I have 17 years of experience, worked in a senior position in one of the top 10 IT providers in the world, have a bachelor and two masters, tons of professional certificates in IT, and fluent English.

I actually get around 3-4 calls per day from interested recruiters who are amazed by the CV, but the conversation always end by "Sorry, the client can't offer sponsorship".

So, is it impossible? I still have 4 months after graduation to find a job but I don't want to just waste time with no hope!

ShainR
United Kingdom

Re: Is it impossible to switch from Tier4 to Tier2?

Post by ShainR » Thu Aug 23, 2018 8:19 pm

I feel your pain :cry:

Keep trying, you might find someone.

Never lose hope

UKLL
Member of Standing
Malaysia

Post by UKLL » Thu Aug 23, 2018 10:08 pm

I got offered a job 4 months before my Tier 4 visa expired and my experiences weren't as shining as yours

thunder2210
Newly Registered
Egypt

Post by thunder2210 » Thu Aug 23, 2018 10:14 pm

UKLL wrote:
Thu Aug 23, 2018 10:08 pm
I got offered a job 4 months before my Tier 4 visa expired and my experiences weren't as shining as yours
If that's in the IT field, then please share the company information! :D Otherwise, I would be grateful if you could provide some information about your strategy of finding the job (contacting recruiters, contacting companies directly, etc..) Thank you!

UKLL
Member of Standing
Malaysia

Post by UKLL » Thu Aug 23, 2018 10:18 pm

Not in the IT field.

Go to employer's website and see if there are vacancies

thunder2210
Newly Registered
Egypt

Post by thunder2210 » Thu Aug 23, 2018 10:32 pm

UKLL wrote:
Thu Aug 23, 2018 10:18 pm
Not in the IT field.

Go to employer's website and see if there are vacancies
Cool, thanks bro

Kay28
Newly Registered
Russia

Post by Kay28 » Thu Aug 23, 2018 11:20 pm

thunder2210 wrote:
Thu Aug 23, 2018 8:10 pm

I actually get around 3-4 calls per day from interested recruiters who are amazed by the CV, but the conversation always end by "Sorry, the client can't offer sponsorship".
Do they explain why they cannot sponsor for Tier 2?

How do you look up potential employers?

on gov.uk website there is a list of organisations that have a license to sponsor for Tier 2. Have you looked up any IT companies there?

this list https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... rs-workers

thunder2210
Newly Registered
Egypt

Post by thunder2210 » Fri Aug 24, 2018 6:06 pm

Kay28 wrote:
Thu Aug 23, 2018 11:20 pm
Do they explain why they cannot sponsor for Tier 2?
How do you look up potential employers?

on gov.uk website there is a list of organisations that have a license to sponsor for Tier 2. Have you looked up any IT companies there?

this list https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... rs-workers
No they don't, they just say that the client can't offer sponsorship at this time. In some cases I actually knew who the client is and that they are registered as Tier2 sponsor but the recruiter still says the client can't offer sponsorship.

Some of them actually don't know that switching from Tier4 does not require labour market testing and I needed to explain that. I even offered to handle the switch myself with an external lawyer if they can only offer the CoS.

Thank you for your advice about the Tier2 sponsor list. I have downloaded the list few days ago in Excel format for easy filtering, but there is around 4000 companies that I need to go through one by one, a long way obviously but looks like my last option.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Aug 24, 2018 6:09 pm

No they don't, they just say that the client can't offer sponsorship at this time. In some cases I actually knew who the client is and that they are registered as Tier2 sponsor but the recruiter still says the client can't offer sponsorship.

Some of them actually don't know that switching from Tier4 does not require labour market testing and I needed to explain that. I even offered to handle the switch myself with an external lawyer if they can only offer the CoS.
It makes no difference if the company/client are a sponsor or not and they don't have to give a reason why they choose not to sponsor someone. It is entirely their choice.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

thunder2210
Newly Registered
Egypt

Post by thunder2210 » Fri Aug 24, 2018 6:37 pm

CR001 wrote:
Fri Aug 24, 2018 6:09 pm

It makes no difference if the company/client are a sponsor or not and they don't have to give a reason why they choose not to sponsor someone. It is entirely their choice.
Yes Char, I got that after a while. Any advice on the approach to possibly finding a job?