ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Form for registering a child as BC

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

MalikN
Newly Registered

Form for registering a child as BC

Post by MalikN » Mon Dec 27, 2004 1:26 am

Dear members,

Recently obtained our ILR (self and family). One of my kids was born in UK and I need to get her registered as BC. What I could find out of many forms on IND web site is form MN1. Is this the form to be filled in?

Thanks

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Mon Dec 27, 2004 3:42 am

Is the child entitled to be registered as British? Isn't it your status at the time of the child's birth that counts?

Or rather, won't the child need to wait and be included on the application form of one of the parents when they seek Naturalisation?

MalikN
Newly Registered

Post by MalikN » Mon Dec 27, 2004 12:42 pm

Thanks John,
Is the child entitled to be registered as British?
I am sure, yes.
Isn't it your status at the time of the child's birth that counts?
As far as I am aware, No. Condition is "parents or one of the parent should have ILR and child should have born in the UK, regardless of the status of parents at the time of child's birth"
Or rather, won't the child need to wait and be included on the application form of one of the parents when they seek Naturalisation?
Can be an option, but why to wait if it can be done now through registration?

Is MN1 the form to be filled in?

Rgds