ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Delay in Tier 2 (Genera) Priority Visa - should I email my documents anyway?

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

mkhamis
Newly Registered
Germany

Delay in Tier 2 (Genera) Priority Visa - should I email my documents anyway?

Post by mkhamis » Fri Aug 24, 2018 5:32 pm

My application details are below:
1. Category applying under (General / ICT / other): Tier 2 (General) priority visa
2. Country of application: Germany
3. City of Visa Application Centre: Munich
4. Date of application: 27.07.2018
5. Date of submission of documents (if different from 3 above): 30.07.2018
6. Date of escalation: 20.08.2018
7. Contract start date: 06.09.2018
8. Type of job: University lectureship position

Status: according to the UKVI hotline, a decision has been made but they cannot communicate it to me. I should hear back about the result of the escalation before 10.09.2018. So far I haven't received any emails from UKVI except the one confirming that UKVI received my application.

I thought of emailing my documents to sheffielddocsrequested.restofworld@fco.gsi.gov.uk even though it was not requested. I am worried that the visa application center might have scanned my documents incorrectly. Also my PhD certificate has just been issued recently.

Do you think this is a good idea?

iAmATeaPot
Newly Registered
Mood:
Germany

Re: Delay in Tier 2 (Genera) Priority Visa - should I email my documents anyway?

Post by iAmATeaPot » Mon Aug 27, 2018 4:15 pm

1. Category applying under (General / ICT / other): Tier 2 (General) priority visa
2. Country of application: France
3. City of Visa Application Centre: Paris
4. Date of application: 29.07.2018
6. Date of escalation: 23.08.2018

Hi,

I am in a similar situation. All i know so far is that a decision has been made on 2nd Aug which was due to the priority. So apparently the priority service is only concerning the time required to make decision.

Since 31st July I have not heard anything from UKVI or TLS regarding the status. When I called UKVI on 6th Aug they told me that the decision was made on 2nd.

I have escalated the issue with UKVI but nothing thereafter again.
I am not sure what to do to get my passport back.

Anyone has any other ideas? any other email id/ phone number i can contact apart from that of online UKVI helpline?

mkhamis
Newly Registered
Germany

Re: Delay in Tier 2 (Genera) Priority Visa - should I email my documents anyway?

Post by mkhamis » Wed Aug 29, 2018 2:36 pm

iAmATeaPot wrote:
Mon Aug 27, 2018 4:15 pm
2. Country of application: France
3. City of Visa Application Centre: Paris
4. Date of application: 29.07.2018
6. Date of escalation: 23.08.2018

Hi,

I am in a similar situation. All i know so far is that a decision has been made on 2nd Aug which was due to the priority. So apparently the priority service is only concerning the time required to make decision.

Since 31st July I have not heard anything from UKVI or TLS regarding the status. When I called UKVI on 6th Aug they told me that the decision was made on 2nd.

I have escalated the issue with UKVI but nothing thereafter again.
I am not sure what to do to get my passport back.

Anyone has any other ideas? any other email id/ phone number i can contact apart from that of online UKVI helpline?

No updates yet from my side. How about you?

iAmATeaPot
Newly Registered
Mood:
Germany

Post by iAmATeaPot » Wed Aug 29, 2018 4:01 pm

No updates.

I was checking this forum and found an old topic where people were in similar situation around the period of July to Sept 2017.

Some people there suggested contacting the employer since they have following possibilities:
1. They can check if your COS is USED or not. If it is USED then it means that a decision has been made on your application.
2. They can as well follow up with HO/ UKVI via account manager given you have provided consent to your employer to use your personal data for such purpose.

I am trying to get in touch with the immigration lead at my potential employer concerning the points above, perhaps you should do the same.

Let us hope we get some feedback soon.

mkhamis
Newly Registered
Germany

Post by mkhamis » Wed Sep 05, 2018 5:59 pm

mkhamis wrote:
Fri Aug 24, 2018 5:32 pm
2. Country of application: Germany
3. City of Visa Application Centre: Munich
4. Date of application: 27.07.2018
6. Date of escalation: 20.08.2018
7. Contract start date: 06.09.2018
8. Type of job: University lectureship position

Status: according to the UKVI hotline, a decision has been made but they cannot communicate it to me. I should hear back about the result of the escalation before 10.09.2018. So far I haven't received any emails from UKVI except the one confirming that UKVI received my application.

I thought of emailing my documents to sheffielddocsrequested.restofworld@fco.gsi.gov.uk even though it was not requested. I am worried that the visa application center might have scanned my documents incorrectly. Also my PhD certificate has just been issued recently.

Do you think this is a good idea?
Finally got it today 05.09.2018 --> 23 working days on priority.

@iAmATeaPot I hope you get yours soon too!