ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Urgent! Biometric Residence Permit not included in application!

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

jackie25
Newly Registered
United States of America

Urgent! Biometric Residence Permit not included in application!

Post by jackie25 » Fri Aug 24, 2018 10:33 pm

Hello, I'm an American student, previously studied in the UK. I submit my most recent application via VFS global and paid for the silver premium service. Upon going to my appointment I offered up all my documents on the checklist which were just my passport, and any old passports if they contained a visa in them, of which I had no visas in any old passports. I did, however, offer her my Biometric Residence card, to which she gave it back and said it wasn't needed. I was a bit wary of this but figured she probably knew better than I did. Everything shipped off got the email stating my visa was received in New York. After doing some reading I noticed some conflicting information about sending your BRP with your application. Completely panicking I notified the consulate via the correspondence email, sent them a PDF scan of my BRP, and sent the physical BRP straight away today, with the printout of the email I sent them and the GWF and reference number. My question is, was this necessary? I would assume the consulate has the BRP info on their system, but I was terrified the fact they didn't have the physical copy would mean a refusal. I did call the UKVI line that costs nearly 2 pounds a minute and they said my application was awaiting a decision. I'm very worried these documents won't reach them on time to make the decision? either that or it will severely delay the decision. If anyone can offer any insight as to whether I did the right thing, or if the BRP was even necessary?

nourah92
Newly Registered
Saudi Arabia

Re: Urgent! Biometric Residence Permit not included in application!

Post by nourah92 » Sat Aug 25, 2018 8:22 am

jackie25 wrote:
Fri Aug 24, 2018 10:33 pm
Hello, I'm an American student, previously studied in the UK. I submit my most recent application via VFS global and paid for the silver premium service. Upon going to my appointment I offered up all my documents on the checklist which were just my passport, and any old passports if they contained a visa in them, of which I had no visas in any old passports. I did, however, offer her my Biometric Residence card, to which she gave it back and said it wasn't needed. I was a bit wary of this but figured she probably knew better than I did. Everything shipped off got the email stating my visa was received in New York. After doing some reading I noticed some conflicting information about sending your BRP with your application. Completely panicking I notified the consulate via the correspondence email, sent them a PDF scan of my BRP, and sent the physical BRP straight away today, with the printout of the email I sent them and the GWF and reference number. My question is, was this necessary? I would assume the consulate has the BRP info on their system, but I was terrified the fact they didn't have the physical copy would mean a refusal. I did call the UKVI line that costs nearly 2 pounds a minute and they said my application was awaiting a decision. I'm very worried these documents won't reach them on time to make the decision? either that or it will severely delay the decision. If anyone can offer any insight as to whether I did the right thing, or if the BRP was even necessary?
You were applying for a tier 4 student visa and all they asked for on the checklist was your passport and your previous passports?

jackie25
Newly Registered
United States of America

Post by jackie25 » Sat Aug 25, 2018 2:56 pm

nourah92 wrote:
Sat Aug 25, 2018 8:22 am
jackie25 wrote:
You were applying for a tier 4 student visa and all they asked for on the checklist was your passport and your previous passports?
Hi Nourah92, yes being from a 'low-risk' country I applied under the differentiation agreement which allows you to submit your application without financial evidence or proof of your previous courses. Basically, just on the honor system. But they reserve the right to ask you for the documents at any time.

sah10406
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by sah10406 » Sun Aug 26, 2018 10:19 am

jackie25 wrote:
My question is, was this necessary?
No.
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.