ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Registering Child as british Citizens and Requirement of referee/passports etc

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ILR1980
Pakistan

Registering Child as british Citizens and Requirement of referee/passports etc

Post by ILR1980 » Sun Aug 26, 2018 2:22 am

HI there,

I hold ILR and is in the process of registering a 2 months old child as British citizen by using MN1 form. Child was born in UK and only hold birth certificate. I need clarification about two things

1) You cannot fill online form unless you mention the nationality of child but child was born in UK and never hold any nationality, Passport or ID cards so what should mention in there to make progress in filling the online form. should I mention officially stateless ? They also asking for valid passports/ID cards etc

2) There is requirement of 2 referees. Professional referee must dealt with applicant in professional capacity and second referee should be British passport holder and they should have known the applicant personally for more than 3 years but how could a 2 month old child be known by referee for three year and child have no professional dealing with others except having random contact with health visitor and midwife but they also known him for few days so how to fulfil this referee requirement in case of 2 month old baby

Thanks in advance

vinny

Re: Registering Child as british Citizens and Requirement of referee/passports etc

Post by vinny » Sun Aug 26, 2018 4:13 am

Did you hold ILR before your son was born?

What are the nationalities of the parents?
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

ILR1980
Pakistan

Re: Registering Child as british Citizens and Requirement of referee/passports etc

Post by ILR1980 » Sun Aug 26, 2018 4:28 am

vinny wrote:
Sun Aug 26, 2018 4:13 am
Did you hold ILR before your son was born?

What are the nationalities of the parents?
Thanks vinny for reply

Yes i held ILR since 2014 and child was born in august 2018

Boht me and my wife are Pakistani national and my wife and kid are in uk as dependent of ILR

vinny

Post by vinny » Sun Aug 26, 2018 8:38 am

Then UK-born child is automatically British. He may apply for a British passport directly.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.