ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Advice please

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Gosiakay
Mood:
Nigeria

Advice please

Post by Gosiakay » Mon Aug 27, 2018 5:31 pm

Hi guys, just a quick question please,
Can I get refuse from the home office because I forgot to attach my tenancy agreement with the application I made recently based on my marriage with EU citizen? The Agreement has only my wife name on it.

kamoe
European Union

Re: Advice please

Post by kamoe » Wed Sep 12, 2018 1:20 pm

It depends. You need to prove that you are or have been living together. This can come from a variety of sources, including a tenancy agreement, but not necessarily. Suitable documents are clearly stated on section 5 of the guide to supported documents here: https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... -04_KP.pdf

There they say:
We recommend that you send at least 6 items, from 3 different sources. These
can be addressed to you jointly or individually, provided they clearly show that you live, or have
lived, at the same address.
The tenancy agreement you mention could have been helpful, only if you supplied another document as well, dated around the same time, addressed to you to the same address that appears in the tenancy agreement.

So to answer your question, provided you sent another 6 documents addressed to you, jointly or individually, to the same address, dated around the same time, you should be fine. It you did not, then you can get your application refused.
My posts express what I believe are the facts, based on the best of my knowledge, about the topics discussed in this forum. They do not constitute immigration advice.

Gosiakay
Mood:
Nigeria

Post by Gosiakay » Wed Sep 12, 2018 2:10 pm

Thanks for your reply this are the document I send with my application, water bills,gas,electricity bills,bank statement,credit card statement,payslip,marriage certificate,wedding pictures and honeymoon proof and my wife pregnancy proof with baby scan that's all. hope this will be fine?

kamoe
European Union

Post by kamoe » Wed Sep 12, 2018 2:24 pm

Gosiakay wrote:
Wed Sep 12, 2018 2:10 pm
this are the document I send with my application, water bills,gas,electricity bills,bank statement,credit card statement,payslip
If these are all original documents, if your two names appear on these, or if roughly half of them are addressed to you and half to your wife, and all dates are consistent (don't have to be all the same date, but that show that you lived at the same address over roughly the same time period), then cohabitation-wise, I think you are fine.

Common address aside, obviously you need to also have supplied all other evidence, as you say, marriage certificate, and all other documents that are applicable to your particular case to fulfill the conditions.
My posts express what I believe are the facts, based on the best of my knowledge, about the topics discussed in this forum. They do not constitute immigration advice.