ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Several quick questions about Tier 2 Change of Employment

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

kentuckyfriedmigrant
Newly Registered
Hong Kong

Several quick questions about Tier 2 Change of Employment

Post by kentuckyfriedmigrant » Tue Aug 28, 2018 3:05 pm

Hello guys, I appreciate this supportive forum and hope to get some advice from you:

My situation: I am 23 years old on a Tier 2 General Visa (switched from Tier 4 last year). I am looking to change jobs into a new company and a new job role. The company has Tier 2 A rating but only for Intra-Company Transfers.

Questions:
1) Am I still eligible for 'new entrant' salary rates?

2) The company is looking to add a sub-tier of Tier 2 General onto their Tier 2 Sponsorship capability. Do you know how long this might take?

3) Can they issue an unrestricted COS in my case? It states that change of employment is unrestricted on page 40 of this document: https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... .0-EXT.PDF

4) I understand that they will need to complete RLMT and other shenanigans. Do I need to be aware of any other things?

Thank you in advance!

UKLL
Member of Standing
Malaysia

Re: Several quick questions about Tier 2 Change of Employment

Post by UKLL » Tue Aug 28, 2018 7:46 pm

kentuckyfriedmigrant wrote:
Tue Aug 28, 2018 3:05 pm
Hello guys, I appreciate this supportive forum and hope to get some advice from you:

My situation: I am 23 years old on a Tier 2 General Visa (switched from Tier 4 last year). I am looking to change jobs into a new company and a new job role. The company has Tier 2 A rating but only for Intra-Company Transfers.

Questions:
1) Am I still eligible for 'new entrant' salary rates?
If your new CoS if for three years, then no, because:

In all cases, including where the migrant is applying for a period of leave which will bring their total stay under any combination of Tier 2 leave, or as a Work Permit holder, beyond 3 years and one month, the ‘experienced’ worker threshold must be paid. This means that any worker initially sponsored at the ‘new entrant’ threshold must be paid at least £30,000 or the ‘experienced worker’ rate for their job, if they are needed for more than three years.

2) The company is looking to add a sub-tier of Tier 2 General onto their Tier 2 Sponsorship capability. Do you know how long this might take?
Waiting for others to answer

3) Can they issue an unrestricted COS in my case? It states that change of employment is unrestricted on page 40 of this document: https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... .0-EXT.PDF
For applying from inside the UK, yes

4) I understand that they will need to complete RLMT and other shenanigans. Do I need to be aware of any other things?
-- Do not resign from your current job until your new visa is granted.
-- You are also responsible for making sure that the RLMT is undertaken correctly

Thank you in advance!