ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Confused over ihs

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

supadupa

Confused over ihs

Post by supadupa » Tue Aug 28, 2018 6:18 pm

Hello guys,

I have applied for ilr after 6 years of dl using set o flr
6 months after the application was made i got a letter to pay ihs, which i did straight away.
The confusing part is that i got a full refund of the ihs this morning, yet no decision letters have been received.
I'm worried because on the gov website it says you get full refund if your application was unsuccessful.
Anyone had or heard of similar experience?

Regards

bruteforce
Mood:
Pakistan

Re: Confused over ihs

Post by bruteforce » Tue Aug 28, 2018 7:31 pm

IHS refund could also mean that your application for ILR is being approved.

supadupa

Post by supadupa » Wed Aug 29, 2018 1:25 am

According to the gov website a partial refund means approval but full refund is issued after refusal or application withdrawal.
Anyone else got any idea?

Cheers

vinny

Post by vinny » Wed Aug 29, 2018 1:37 am

There is no requirement to pay IHS when applying for ILR. The letter requesting payment was a mistake.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.