ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Delay in tier 2 general priority visa (5 years)

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

mkhamis
Newly Registered
Germany

Delay in tier 2 general priority visa (5 years)

Post by mkhamis » Wed Aug 29, 2018 2:33 pm

I applied for the tier 2 (General) priority visa. My CoS is for 5 years. I submitted my documents and had biometrics collected on 30.07.

On 20.08 I called the UKVI and the lady was surprised that a decision has already been made long ago but no one got in touch with me. She said since 15 working days have passed then she recommends that we escalate my application. I did so and until today (29.08) I did not receive any updates from the UKVI (except an email early August saying that they received my application).

I'm an Egyptian living in Germany. This makes it super inconvenient since they've got my passport.

I called the UKVI multiple times, but they say they cannot do anything until 15 working days have passed since the time I escalated. I'm starting to wonder if the escalation could have delayed things further and why in the world was it recommended if that was the case.

Is there anything that can be done besides waiting?