ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

First Child passport

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

bravopapa

First Child passport

Post by bravopapa » Thu Aug 30, 2018 6:02 pm

All,

I have ILR since July 2017 (currently my BC application is in progress so I am waiting).
I understand that my baby is automatically BC because I have ILR.

Next week, I ll register him with the council to get the birth certificate.

I am really confused as to what documents i need to send to get his BC passport. I picked up the "Check and Send" form from Post office but not sure what documents they ask for?

Can you please help me on the documents I need to prepare? Do i need to get the BC certificate from the HO?

Any help is welcome.

Regards

vinny

Re: First Child passport

Post by vinny » Thu Aug 30, 2018 11:36 pm

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

bravopapa

Post by bravopapa » Fri Aug 31, 2018 5:14 pm

Hello Vinny

Thanks for your answer. The information on the link you sent me is similar to the information in the form that the post office provides.

Just a quick question though, the baby should be automatically BC cause of my ILR. Therefore baby does not to be registered as BC. Is that right?

Will the council give a birth certificate as long as the certificate of naturalization? or is it just the birth certificate?

Many Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Aug 31, 2018 5:29 pm

Just a quick question though, the baby should be automatically BC cause of my ILR. Therefore baby does not to be registered as BC. Is that right?
No need to register as child is automatically British if born after you obtained ILR.
Will the council give a birth certificate as long as the certificate of naturalization? or is it just the birth certificate?
It is a birth certificate, that's it.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

bravopapa

Post by bravopapa » Fri Aug 31, 2018 7:06 pm

Thanks CR001.

I am guessing I would need to provide evidence of ILR when I apply for first child passport.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Aug 31, 2018 9:26 pm

bravopapa wrote:
Fri Aug 31, 2018 7:06 pm
Thanks CR001.

I am guessing I would need to provide evidence of ILR when I apply for first child passport.
Yes and your passport.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

vinny

Post by vinny » Sat Sep 01, 2018 1:56 am

bravopapa wrote:
Yes!

Moreover, I don’t think that the child’s birth certificate confirms that child is born after a parent has ILR. A parent’s ILR confers a UK-born child’s British citizenship. Therefore, it’s important to provide evidence of a parent’s ILR when a UK-born child is claiming British citizenship. Such ILR evidence for a parent should never be destroyed, else child may subsequently encounter Windrush type problems later on in life, especially if the British passport is lost or stolen or questioned.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.

bravopapa

Post by bravopapa » Sat Sep 01, 2018 9:31 am

Thanks Vinny

I won't destroy ILR I ll have to return it in case my BC application goes through fine (application in progress as we speak).

Many Thanks

waseem84
India

Post by waseem84 » Sat Sep 01, 2018 2:15 pm

CR001 wrote:
Fri Aug 31, 2018 9:26 pm
bravopapa wrote:
Thanks CR001.

Yes and your passport.
Aint brp card with ILR enough ? Or parent passport is also need to send ?
Also if both parents gor ILR same time do we need to send boths ILRs and passports ? Or one is enough ?

Thanks in advance

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Sep 01, 2018 3:13 pm

waseem84 wrote:
Sat Sep 01, 2018 2:15 pm
CR001 wrote:
bravopapa wrote:
Thanks CR001.

Yes and your passport.
Also if both parents gor ILR same time do we need to send boths ILRs and passports ? Or one is enough ?

Thanks in advance
BRP and Passport to prove the parent's identity. Only ONE parent needs to send their documents.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

vinny

Post by vinny » Mon Sep 03, 2018 12:46 am

bravopapa wrote:
Sat Sep 01, 2018 9:31 am
Thanks Vinny

I won't destroy ILR I ll have to return it in case my BC application goes through fine (application in progress as we speak).

Many Thanks
After you return it, they will likely destroy it. Then say goodbye to your child's primary source/proof of British citizenship, especially if the child's British passport is lost or stolen or questioned.

Marikistin
Philippines

Post by Marikistin » Wed Oct 03, 2018 9:09 pm

CR001 wrote:
Sat Sep 01, 2018 3:13 pm
waseem84 wrote:
Sat Sep 01, 2018 2:15 pm
CR001 wrote:
bravopapa wrote:
Thanks CR001.

Yes and your passport.

Thanks in advance
BRP and Passport to prove the parent's identity. Only ONE parent needs to send their documents.
Sorry to jump on this thread as I was searching I found this...Char would this mean that because my husband is British/Irish his documents would be enough to suffice the claim for British citizenship of my child? At the time I have birth to him in 2013 I have the residence permit do I need to send that too?

Marikistin
Philippines

Post by Marikistin » Wed Oct 03, 2018 9:14 pm

vinny wrote:
Mon Sep 03, 2018 12:46 am
bravopapa wrote:
Sat Sep 01, 2018 9:31 am
Thanks Vinny

Many Thanks
After you return it, they will likely destroy it. Then say goodbye to your child's primary source/proof of British citizenship, especially if the child's British passport is lost or stolen or questioned.
Hi Vinny, would you suggest to write a cover letter upon submission of AN application as to why you need to keep your BRP after naturalisation? And would there be any provisions that I can quote for that? I have seen one on my search in the forum but couldn't find it anymore...And has anybody ever done this recently with any success? Many thanks and again sorry for jumping in the thread.