ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

About EEA National and Extended Family Member Registration

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Thomas J
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

About EEA National and Extended Family Member Registration

Post by Thomas J » Sat Sep 01, 2018 6:28 am

Hi there.

We looking to bring sister of my wife (non EU citizen) to UK. Myself is EU citizen with resident status in UK. My wife also has resident status on this base. So, i'm not clearly understanding "an extended family member" status - how this working? Can we bring sister of my wife under this rules?

Many thanks, Thomas.

secret.simon

Re: About EEA National and Extended Family Member Registration

Post by secret.simon » Sat Sep 01, 2018 1:13 pm

Is your sister-in-law financially dependent on you? Is there proof of such financial dependency (regular bank transfers, etc) or did she live with you as a part of your household in the country of your origin?

Also, which nationalities do you hold?
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

Thomas J
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Thomas J » Sun Sep 02, 2018 2:00 am

secret.simon wrote:
Sat Sep 01, 2018 1:13 pm
Is your sister-in-law financially dependent on you? Is there proof of such financial dependency (regular bank transfers, etc) or did she live with you as a part of your household in the country of your origin?

Also, which nationalities do you hold?
Hi Simon.

No, sister of my wife aren't financially dependent on us. She do not live with us, she live in her home country, we just looking to bring her to visit us. Very difficult to get visa (unbeatable bureaucracy of UK embassy in middle asia,i get tired to fight with them), so we looking another way to get visit us.
Im Lithuanian nationality.

With regards, Thomas.

facebook.user
United Kingdom

Post by facebook.user » Sun Sep 02, 2018 5:07 pm

My brother came under the same rule. I am NON EEA national and my brother was dependent on us. Make sure you send the birth certificates (if possible attach a letter from Council about when the births were registered), your marriage document, all money transfers, receipts and utility bills to show that your sister in law is paying for her expenses from that money you are sending.
My brother came under the same way but his application was rejected 2 times. We decided to go for appeal after the second rejection and waited almost a year for the hearing but couple of weeks before the hearing date, Home Office decided to overturn the decision and he got EEA family permit.
Best of luck for your sister in law.