ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Father British, Child born abroad, moving to UK

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

viki83

Father British, Child born abroad, moving to UK

Post by viki83 » Mon Sep 03, 2018 11:12 am

Hi,

Can anyone help me on what visa category to apply in this scenario:

3 year old child born in Pakistan. Father is British but haven't lived in the UK. Father has just recently moved to UK and want to apply for wife and child living in Pakistan to move to UK.

For wife it is clear it need to be spouse visa. I need clarification what category for child.

Thanks

secret.simon

Re: Father British, Child born abroad, moving to UK

Post by secret.simon » Mon Sep 03, 2018 11:18 am

How did father acquire British citizenship and where was the father born? Has he never lived in the UK?
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

Londoner007
Diamond Member

Re: Father British, Child born abroad, moving to UK

Post by Londoner007 » Fri Sep 07, 2018 12:32 am

More specifically was the father a naturalised British Citizen as a adult, or became a British Citizen by Descent (i.e citizenship was passed onto him automatically by his own father)
Verily, After Hardship Comes Ease