ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

e-mail confirmations for online applications ?

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

obormot
Member of Standing
France

e-mail confirmations for online applications ?

Post by obormot » Mon Sep 03, 2018 12:40 pm

I made online EU PR application for 2 people, but only received a confirmation for the main applicant.
(My partner made one for himself + 2 kids, and received 3 emails, one per each applicant).

What does it mean, somebody knows?
All those who've got confoirmation are EU citizens, never applied for any UK immigration documents before, and did not have assigned case numbers, while the peron for whom we did not get an email is non-EU and has a case number (assigned 5 years ago when applying for EEA2)

obormot
Member of Standing
France

Re: e-mail confirmations for online applications ?

Post by obormot » Thu Sep 06, 2018 1:31 pm

No one had the some problem?

We went to EPRS today, they copied passports and sent out our applications. But they of course do not know aything about how HO functions (they even did not know whether they can only cerify-copy passports or whether they can ertify-copy IDs as well).

Should I call HO? I found this number on the web, is it a good one?

Enquiries from European citizens
Telephone: 0300 123 2253
Monday to Thursday, 9am to 4:45pm
Friday, 9am to 4:30pm

obormot
Member of Standing
France

Post by obormot » Fri Sep 14, 2018 9:20 am

While I was pondering on this, we've finally got the conirmation e-mail on our last applicant. It was on 12/09, nine days after all other e-mails. We sent documents via EPRS on 6/09. and post tracking says they arived to HO on 7/09.
No biometric letters yet.
Strange... My only guess is that, indeed, since she alredy had a record with them, HO probably wanted to connect her new applicaton with her existing record, before sending the confirmaton e-mail.

kamoe
European Union

Post by kamoe » Wed Sep 26, 2018 1:45 pm

If at all it makes sense now for anyone reading:

When we made our joint applications three years ago, mine for non-EEA EFM RC, my partner's for EEA QP, only he got an email acknowledgement of his application. I never received anything before the Biometric letter. Looking at the timelines and information reported by other people at the time (September 2015) this seemed to be consistent among joint non-EEA & EEA applications, where only the EEA partner got the email acknowledgement.

Of course, I had a history if visas, while this was his first time contacting the Home Office, so that might indeed be the reason why. But, nonetheless,when we received our RC/QP, and also looking at the Bio letter I confirmed that we had both been issued with (new) consecutive case reference IDs.

I'm curious to see how it works this time, that I'm replacing a lost RC card, and he's applying for PR, again, as a joint application. Will let you know.
My posts express what I believe are the facts, based on the best of my knowledge, about the topics discussed in this forum. They do not constitute immigration advice.

kamoe
European Union

Post by kamoe » Fri Sep 28, 2018 12:09 pm

I thought I'd share some more recent information.

This week we received the usual confirmation email, and it was, again, sent only to my partner (the EU citizen, and deemed the main applicant). Now, the Case ID quoted is different than the one assigned to him two years ago (which is reasonable, as he is now applying for PR not QP, and it's in itself a whole new different application, even though he's the same person).

So it seems the pattern is the following: An email confirmation is sent per application, not per applicant, regardless if the applicants have an immigration history with the HO. As ours is a joint application, the email is sent only to him.
My posts express what I believe are the facts, based on the best of my knowledge, about the topics discussed in this forum. They do not constitute immigration advice.

obormot
Member of Standing
France

Post by obormot » Sun Sep 30, 2018 1:02 pm

It is not per application.
In our case my partner submitted online application for himself + 2 kids and they got 3 emails essentially at the same time (2 minutes difference) to the same email address.
And for one of the kids we submitted non-EU passport data (he has EU citizenship, but we are in process of changing his name via tribunal in that EU country, and do not even want to get passport with wrong name). And we later received a biometric letter for that kid.
So it is even not a difference between EU and non-EU (probably any family member exept spouse and minor kids?)

kamoe
European Union

Post by kamoe » Mon Oct 01, 2018 10:02 am

obormot wrote:
Sun Sep 30, 2018 1:02 pm
In our case my partner submitted online application for himself + 2 kids
Are all of them EU or non-EU?
And for one of the kids we submitted non-EU passport data (he has EU citizenship, but we are in process of changing his name via tribunal in that EU country, and do not even want to get passport with wrong name). And we later received a biometric letter for that kid.
Asking the first question as seems emails are received to whomever has an EU passport.
So it is even not a difference between EU and non-EU
I get the opposite impression, hence my first question...

Punguru82
United Kingdom

Post by Punguru82 » Mon Oct 01, 2018 10:58 am

Why didn't you use just one form - You as main applicant and your 2 children plus husband(non EEA) as family members- all included in one form application. Is doing this wrong? as am planning to do this . DO you have to fill separate forms??

obormot
Member of Standing
France

Post by obormot » Wed Oct 03, 2018 12:08 pm

We have 1 kid who has EU citizenship, but when applying we only submitted his non-EU passport (and only mentioned his EU citizenship as a 2nd citizenship in questionnaire). He later received biometric letter (as a non-EU would)

We filled 2 different applications: one for my husband + kids, and one for me + my mother.
The main reason is that his + kids application is straightforward, with minimal amount of documents to submit. So we hope it would be decided quickly.
For my mother we have to show dependency, she is not EU, etc. So we decided it is better if we separate.

In terms of money paid it is the same, we just filled 2 on-line forms and not one, but it added 10 minutes.
In terms of documents submitted it is actually LESS - we did not have to submit marriage certificate. (We both worked full time in the same place for 5 years, so for each of us it was just five P60 to prove both residence and exercising treaty rights)

obormot
Member of Standing
France

Post by obormot » Wed Oct 03, 2018 7:35 pm

One more bizarre observation: so far we recieved one COA only (dated 26/09) - for that kid with non EU passport (referring to him as a citizen of that non EU country and with right to work).
HO ways are incomprehensible to me.