ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Form bota

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

cashycash
Newly Registered

Form bota

Post by cashycash » Mon Sep 03, 2018 7:07 pm

Hi,

I am a BN(O) holder and also an EU citizen. I obtained a DCPR (not ILR as I am an EU national) in March this year, and the letter from the HO says I can apply to become a BC this September. I was advised to use the BOTA form, so I have three questions...

1) Is my application likely to be successful as I am applying as a dual national?

2) I am currently unemployed as I recently graduated from uni. Is it acceptable to put the details of my university on the good character requirement section?

3) In the past six years (I arrived in 2012), I haven't been absent from the UK for more than 450 days. If I submitted my application on 10 Sep in Hong Kong (as I am visiting my family atm), I would still meet the requirement of not being absent from the UK for more than 90 days in the past 12 months. However, I cannot be certain of the date of my return to the UK which means I cannot give a return date on Section 2: Residence Requirements. But I do intend to return and spend my life there. Is that going to affect my application? If so, what should I do?

Your help would be greatly appreciated!

vilebratt
BANNED
Cape Verde

Re: Form bota

Post by vilebratt » Tue Sep 04, 2018 2:21 pm

cashycash wrote:
Mon Sep 03, 2018 7:07 pm
Hi,

I am a BN(O) holder and also an EU citizen. I obtained a DCPR (not ILR as I am an EU national) in March this year, and the letter from the HO says I can apply to become a BC this September. I was advised to use the BOTA form, so I have three questions...

1) Is my application likely to be successful as I am applying as a dual national?

2) I am currently unemployed as I recently graduated from uni. Is it acceptable to put the details of my university on the good character requirement section?

3) In the past six years (I arrived in 2012), I haven't been absent from the UK for more than 450 days. If I submitted my application on 10 Sep in Hong Kong (as I am visiting my family atm), I would still meet the requirement of not being absent from the UK for more than 90 days in the past 12 months. However, I cannot be certain of the date of my return to the UK which means I cannot give a return date on Section 2: Residence Requirements. But I do intend to return and spend my life there. Is that going to affect my application? If so, what should I do?

Since you qualify with ur DCPR its clear sailing.
However where in the form do you see space for mentioning your university in the good character section. That section only asks questions for which you can give Yes or No answers. If youve never been employed its obvious you dont mention anything in that column. Naturalization does not require employment only DCPR does.

cashycash
Newly Registered

Re: Form bota

Post by cashycash » Wed Sep 26, 2018 4:39 pm

vilebratt wrote:
Tue Sep 04, 2018 2:21 pm
cashycash wrote:
Mon Sep 03, 2018 7:07 pm
Hi,

Since you qualify with ur DCPR its clear sailing.
However where in the form do you see space for mentioning your university in the good character section. That section only asks questions for which you can give Yes or No answers. If youve never been employed its obvious you dont mention anything in that column. Naturalization does not require employment only DCPR does.
Thank you for your help!