ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tourist stamp for EEA RC holder?

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Eeaplz
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Tourist stamp for EEA RC holder?

Post by Eeaplz » Tue Sep 04, 2018 1:07 am

I'm an EEA residence card holder. I re-entered the UK tonight with my EU spouse, and didn't notice until I got home that the border agent stamped my passport with "leave to enter for 6 months, employment prohibited".

She had asked for my landing card, which I thought was odd. I pointed out that I was an EU spouse so didn't need a landing card. Then she gave me the stamp and wrote my RC number on it by hand. She made a point of mentioning the RC when she handed back our documents, so I'm sure she was aware that EEA family members have the right to work??

Should I worry about this? Kicking myself for not checking the passport til I got home. Thanks all

vinny

Re: Tourist stamp for EEA RC holder?

Post by vinny » Tue Sep 04, 2018 1:52 am

It seems she was badly trained. Did she ask if your spouse was a qualified person?

Try to contact a Chief Immigration Officer at the port of arrival to see if s/he can correct this. Else, you may have to apply for another EEA residence card.

Complain?
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

Eeaplz
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Eeaplz » Tue Sep 04, 2018 6:40 am

No, she didn't ask any questions other than why I didn't have a landing card. This was Heathrow Terminal 5 by the way. Thanks, I'll try to get in touch with them.

Eeaplz
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Eeaplz » Tue Sep 04, 2018 10:42 am

Update: I spoke with Border Force at Heathrow. They said it shouldn't be a problem because I have leave as an EEA family member, but it would be best for me to return to the airport to have the stamp corrected. There's a red immigration phone somewhere on the arrivals level.

I do plan to complain after the stamp is sorted.