ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA family permit - Student and working

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Manny20
Newly Registered
Ghana

EEA family permit - Student and working

Post by Manny20 » Tue Sep 04, 2018 4:04 pm

Hi all.
This is my first post on the forum. I am non EEA maried to an Italian citizen who is currently studying in the UK. She works partime and full time during term and non term time respectively. I met her in the UK two years ago when I was studying for my masters degree. We have been in a relationship for close to two years and have recently married here in Ghana.
Now I wish to apply for an EEA permit to join her in the UK. Would we have to purchase a comprehensive sick insurance since she is a student in order for our application to be successful?
Would we have to show payslips as well as evidence that we won't burden the system. I have an NI and worked in the UK as recently as January this year before leaving at the end of January as my student residence permit expired. Thank you ahead for your response.

kamoe
European Union

Re: EEA family permit - Student and working

Post by kamoe » Wed Sep 12, 2018 12:43 pm

Manny20 wrote:
Tue Sep 04, 2018 4:04 pm
Would we have to purchase a comprehensive sick insurance since she is a student in order for our application to be successful?
It is clearly stated in the guidelines is that in your case, she needs comprehensive sickness insurance: https://www.gov.uk/family-permit/docume ... st-provide
Your family member must have full health insurance (comprehensive sickness insurance) if they’re studying or financially independent.
Then...
Would we have to show payslips as well as evidence that we won't burden the system. I have an NI and worked in the UK as recently as January this year before leaving at the end of January as my student residence permit expired.
I would think that since your employment in the UK has ended, these payslips are irrelevant. More relevant are your latest bank statements that prove how you will finance your trip. In the page linked above they also include a link to the "guide to supporting documents" you can provide, please visit it.
My posts express what I believe are the facts, based on the best of my knowledge, about the topics discussed in this forum. They do not constitute immigration advice.

Manny20
Newly Registered
Ghana

Post by Manny20 » Thu Sep 13, 2018 3:24 pm

Thank you Kamoe for your response. Very much appreciated. We have since bought a CSI cover from Freedom Elite for both of us.
I will include bank statements that show I can provide for my traveling expenses.

Manny20
Newly Registered
Ghana

Post by Manny20 » Wed Oct 10, 2018 2:58 pm

kamoe wrote:
Wed Sep 12, 2018 12:43 pm
Manny20 wrote:
Tue Sep 04, 2018 4:04 pm
Would we have to purchase a comprehensive sick insurance since she is a student in order for our application to be successful?
It is clearly stated in the guidelines is that in your case, she needs comprehensive sickness insurance: https://www.gov.uk/family-permit/docume ... st-provide
Your family member must have full health insurance (comprehensive sickness insurance) if they’re studying or financially independent.
Then...
Would we have to show payslips as well as evidence that we won't burden the system. I have an NI and worked in the UK as recently as January this year before leaving at the end of January as my student residence permit expired.
I would think that since your employment in the UK has ended, these payslips are irrelevant. More relevant are your latest bank statements that prove how you will finance your trip. In the page linked above they also include a link to the "guide to supporting documents" you can provide, please visit it.
Good news picked up my FP today. Over the moon

0VOID0
Newly Registered
Mood:
Lithuania

Post by 0VOID0 » Mon Oct 22, 2018 12:49 pm

I have a questions regarding CSI as well, I am a full time student.

Is it enough if i buy CSI only for myself that includes my spouse?

Also, for how long do I have to have the CSI before i apply for EEA visa?

Thank you!

Manny20
Newly Registered
Ghana

Post by Manny20 » Wed Nov 14, 2018 4:10 pm

Sorry for the late reply, yes you need CSI for yourself, spouse and any family members. You can apply once you have received the certificate. It can be immediate! All the best!