ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

APplying for tier 1(general) on May 9

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

nervoustimes
Newly Registered

APplying for tier 1(general) on May 9

Post by nervoustimes » Mon May 05, 2008 9:50 pm

Hi All,

I am planning to apply for the tier1(general) on May 9 tentatively. If anybody else is also applying during that time..we can sync up.
I am in a dilemma as I have the following queries.

1) I am showing my Indian earning for 2 months and UK earnings for 10 months.For proff, I am showing the bank statements and the salary slips.These have been attested. However, I do not have my P60.Will this weaken my case.

2) I cannot wait for my P60 as my employer might send me back anytime.

Please help me in this regard.

docitduo

Re: APplying for tier 1(general) on May 9

Post by docitduo » Mon May 05, 2008 10:08 pm

1. No
2. If the employer is going to send you back anyime, how will you fly without your passport ?? (I mean if you are applying on May 9th .. you have to send your passport with the application).

Or is it that you are planning to apply on May 9th from India?? In that case, no worries.

regards
nervoustimes wrote:Hi All,

I am planning to apply for the tier1(general) on May 9 tentatively. If anybody else is also applying during that time..we can sync up.

1) I am showing my Indian earning for 2 months and UK earnings for 10 months.For proff, I am showing the bank statements and the salary slips.These have been attested. However, I do not have my P60.Will this weaken my case.

nervoustimes
Newly Registered

Post by nervoustimes » Mon May 05, 2008 10:34 pm

Thanks for the prompt reply.. I keep checking this post almost every hour for a reply. Your reply is really heartening.

1) I have time till June 15th..(that is when my employer will ask me to go back)..If so..I will cite some personal reasons and take leave in the UK for 2 more weeks and wait anxiously for my tier 1 visa to come.

2) My Tier1 application is ready with all reqd evidences. But one thing I am apprehensive about is my past earnings.As I said, the breakup is as follows.

2months Indian salary ---converted into GBP as per www.aonda.com

+

10 months UK salary...

I am claiming 25 points for the same.

As evidences I have the following.

1) Online salary slips attested by the employer
2)Bank statements from India and UK

the indian bank statements have been attested by the Indian bank.

My cause of worry is

a) The salary slips are online slips.(though they are attested)
b) If they have to validate the Indian bank statement , how will they do so. Should I be providing a contact number of the personnel they shud be able to contact to provide this info. If so,I am not sure which number I should provide in the Contact details section as I do not know how the bank will respond tio their queries.

c) thirdly, I am scared that just in case my employer doesnt validate me if they call,what will happen..Am I just thinking too much or will this situation arise.

d) Having mentioned the above and with rest of the documents(like Age, Eperience all in proper order)..should I go for the proposed application on May 9th.Please advise.

vipul1981

tier 1

Post by vipul1981 » Tue May 06, 2008 12:12 am

Hi
I am planning to apply tom. i m on hsmp at the moment which expires on 12th june.

nervoustimes
Newly Registered

Post by nervoustimes » Tue May 06, 2008 1:16 am

Hi vipul,

All the best for your application.

We can have the timelines here so that we get to knwo the status of the application.

Can you pls address the above queries on the earnings please.

Regards

hsmpinuk70
Member of Standing

Post by hsmpinuk70 » Tue May 06, 2008 2:43 am

You are assuming that if you apply on/around 09-May, BIA will be able to decide on your application by 30-Jun (or in that time-frame) .... of which, unfortunately, there is no guarantee.

I am not discouraging you from applying but just making sure you are aware of the risks - hope you won't land in trouble with your employer if you're stuck in UK with your passport with BIA and your employer pressing you to return.

Regarding earnings, there is no way to tell whether BIA will / will not do a background check. Usually they don't bother with the banks (never heard of a case) but there is a possibility that they carry out verification with employers ... and it will all depend on your documents and what the caseworker thinks of them.

regards

nervoustimes
Newly Registered

Post by nervoustimes » Tue May 06, 2008 3:48 am

thanks for the reply..guess me giving the username nervoustimes is quite fitting.. :)

anybody else who is in the same boat as I am ..please let me know.

or if anybody has any queries regarding certificates of which I may be of help...lemme know..

Regards..

nervoustimes
Newly Registered

Post by nervoustimes » Tue May 06, 2008 2:03 pm

hi,
Maine funds are mandatory for tier1 u cannot ignore it.PLs apply only if u have evidence to prove the same

kaushal316

Re: APplying for tier 1(general) on May 9

Post by kaushal316 » Tue May 06, 2008 3:16 pm

nervoustimes wrote:Hi All,

Hi Nervoustimes (quite an odd salutation :D )

Don't be nervous.

1) You don't need to show any p60 form. Infact BIA themselves recognise that tax documents shall be rarely used as salary proof due to mismatch in earning periods. The following quote is from bia page http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/worki ... xdocument/
Tax documents are usually produced at the end of a fixed tax period and will therefore not show the entire period for which you are claiming previous earnings unless they exactly mirror the period claimed. You should be cautious about using this type of document unless you are satisfied that it details the exact amount of earnings for which you are claiming points.

The official organisation responsible for taxation.
2) No need to wait for P60 :)

3) Everyone in this forum is worried for employer verification as none of us inform employer regarding hsmp or tier1 :). But as long as you mention official contact details of your employer (registered office phone) you should be fine.

4) Processing time is generally 4 weeks. Check out timelines in this forum. Baring a few, everyone has got tier 1 within a month.

Cheers
Kaushal

nervoustimes
Newly Registered

Post by nervoustimes » Tue May 06, 2008 3:56 pm

thanks a lot mate.that was really helpful.I spoke to my manager now and he has asked me to travel by July 15 .hopefully that gives me enuf time to get things moving.

Another query: where can I find my visa no.is this the 9 digit no on the the top right hand corner of my PP.there is something called VAf no as well.PLs advice