ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Please...Please help - ILR processing and going on holiday

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

vijier1
Newly Registered

Please...Please help - ILR processing and going on holiday

Post by vijier1 » Tue May 06, 2008 9:18 am

Hello,
I am eligible for ILR on May 11th as I arrived in UK on work permit on June 11, 2003. I have to travel to India during the last week of June for an unavoidable personal reason. I have cleared my Life in UK test and my spouse will be taking up the test this week. As I have to travel out of the country, I thought of getting my ILR at any of the PEO offices before my travel.

But, the latest appointment that I could get is only on the 26th June in Croydon which is just before my travel. I will be back in July. But, I am a bit worried if there is any chances of the rules getting changed…as there are news about changing the ILR rules.

Could someone please advise if I can apply for my ILR in July end? I have been here on WP for the past 5 years and so, it could be fairly straight forward application. But, I don’t want to risk my trip by processing my ILR by the end of June as the ILR fee is quite expensive.

I am really worried and confused about my trip and ILR now. Could someone please let me know if there is any possibility of the rules getting changed before July??

vinny

Post by vinny » Tue May 06, 2008 9:36 am

Applying for settlement in the United Kingdom wrote:You must not send us your application more than 28 days before the end of your qualifying period. If you do, we may refuse your application with no refund of the fee. However, you must make your application before your current permission to stay in the United Kingdom expires.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

vijier1
Newly Registered

Post by vijier1 » Tue May 06, 2008 9:43 am

Thanks for your reply vinni. You were very helpful with my other query as well.

I thought we can apply for ILR when we complete 4 years and 11 months in UK (ie 28 days before completing 5 yrs)…So, do you say I can only apply after June 11th? I arrived in UK on June 11, 2003

vijier1
Newly Registered

Post by vijier1 » Tue May 06, 2008 9:46 am

Also, vinni, I have read in some of the messages here that the solicitors might have some PEO appointments for their clients. So, will it be quicker if I go through any of the solicitors?? Ie, I would like to get my ILR by mid june so that I can make my trip by June end.

vinny

Post by vinny » Tue May 06, 2008 9:49 am

When does your current permission to stay in the United Kingdom expires?
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

vijier1
Newly Registered

Post by vijier1 » Tue May 06, 2008 9:54 am

My current permission expires in June 2009.

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Tue May 06, 2008 10:02 am

the latest appointment that I could get is only on the 26th June in Croydon
28 days before the 5th anniversary of 11.06.03 is 14.05.08 .... Wednesday next week. So why are you looking for an appointment in June?

Also, as your current visa expires in June 2009, if you cannot get a suitable appointment, why not just apply when you get back? How long are you expecting to be outside the UK, on the trip starting late June?

Finally, if no suitable appointment at Croydon, why not try the Birmingham PEO?
John

vijier1
Newly Registered

Post by vijier1 » Tue May 06, 2008 10:14 am

Thanks for your time vinnie. I tried all the PEOs and the earliest one that I could get was in PEO Croydon on 26th. The other PEOs had the earliest appointments on 30 June only.

I am going away only for 4 weeks. But, is there any chances of Homeoffice changing the rules before July??

As there are news about changing the immigration rules for ILR, I am really worried..and donot want to risk my chance by delaying my application.

vijier1
Newly Registered

Post by vijier1 » Tue May 06, 2008 10:15 am

Thanks a lot for your reply John.

vijier1
Newly Registered

Post by vijier1 » Thu May 08, 2008 12:59 pm

Hi,
I was on work permit for 4 years and then shifted to HSMP. Do I need to produce payslips for all these years? Is it a must or can I produce my P60s alone?

Please can you kindly help??