ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tighter new rules for skilled foreign workers

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

vinny

Tighter new rules for skilled foreign workers

Post by vinny » Tue May 06, 2008 1:30 pm

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

RobinLondon
Member of Standing

Post by RobinLondon » Tue May 06, 2008 3:11 pm

There are some significant changes in these announcements. I'm just flipping through them now, but for instance, the Working Holidaymakers Scheme looks as if it will change beyond all recognition.

If I've understood this correctly
, it looks like Indian and Pakistani nationals, most Africans and many Caribbeans will be barred from participating in the new Youth Mobility Scheme. If you look on page 13 of the document , the main criteria will switch from being a Commonwealth citizen to being a national of a "low risk" country that has entered into a reciprocal arrangement with the UK. A country can only be considered low risk and enter into such an arrangement if its citizens currently enjoy visa-free access to the UK. India, Pakistan and most of Africa and Asia and some of the Caribbean countries do not. For this reason, this strategy if implemented, would remove this route of entry to the UK.

WorkPermitIssues

Post by WorkPermitIssues » Tue May 06, 2008 6:05 pm

Also there is no mention of something like a prospective salary of 40K and above does not require a Resident labour test OR otherwise known as advt reqquirements in the Local UK market. :roll: .. More delays for my Work Permit... :(

cagrawal

Post by cagrawal » Wed May 07, 2008 1:28 pm

would this apply to the existing HSMP if seeking an extension if in between jobs...

shubi81

Post by shubi81 » Wed May 07, 2008 3:24 pm

I dont think , its applicable to new Tier1 Visa from India either , its from tier2--5 , i read in BIA website..Moderators/Sr Members pls correct me if I am wrong ..
cagrawal wrote:would this apply to the existing HSMP if seeking an extension if in between jobs...