ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Documents required

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

dallhano
Newly Registered
Germany

Does the BC referee have to have a passport?

Post by dallhano » Mon Aug 13, 2018 2:40 pm

Hi, a quick question. I know I need two referees, one being of professional standing (I will worry about that later...), and one must be "the holder of a British citizen passport and either a
professional person or over the age of 25
". My partner is a British citizen and over 25 years, but does not have a passport, although I think she had one in the past. Will she be a valid referee?

alterhase58
Germany

Re: Does the BC referee have to have a passport?

Post by alterhase58 » Mon Aug 13, 2018 5:00 pm

The instructions state "holder of a British citizen passport" so if the person doesn't hold one then they cannot be a referee. The passport number is required.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

dallhano
Newly Registered
Germany

Post by dallhano » Mon Aug 13, 2018 5:33 pm

Thanks a lot for your reply! I did read that, but was wondering whether an out-of-date might be sufficient, as I assume the passport number does not change? In any case, I would not want to take a gamble I think...

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Mon Aug 13, 2018 8:30 pm

Passport numbers do change every time a new one is issued.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.

dallhano
Newly Registered
Germany

Post by dallhano » Tue Aug 14, 2018 9:48 am

Thank you so much, I was not aware of that, just an assumption I stupidly never questioned!

dallhano
Newly Registered
Germany

Post by dallhano » Thu Aug 16, 2018 1:50 pm

Just one quick follow-up question, and mostly to confirm: From what I understand, the "professional person" referee on the other hand does not have to hold a passport?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Aug 16, 2018 1:53 pm

dallhano wrote:
Thu Aug 16, 2018 1:50 pm
Just one quick follow-up question, and mostly to confirm: From what I understand, the "professional person" referee on the other hand does not have to hold a passport?
The professional referee DOES NOT have to be British. They can be any nationality.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

dallhano
Newly Registered
Germany

Documents required

Post by dallhano » Thu Sep 06, 2018 1:53 pm

Hello again,

I have now got a question regarding which documents are to be enclosed with the application.

If I understand it correctly, the AN Guidance states that only the passport, pass letters for both tests (language/Life in UK) and, if self employed, the latest Self-Assessment statement a required in addition to the permanent residence document. So I take it I do not need to include anything else to document that I was resident in the UK all the time?

By way of precaution, I thought to include some (Self Assessment) tax returns, older Self-Assessment statements plus a P60 and P45 fromy non-freelance job (which I only held for a negligible time though).

Do you think that's enough? Am I misinterpreting the AN Guidance?

alterhase58
Germany

Re: Documents required

Post by alterhase58 » Thu Sep 06, 2018 2:20 pm

By way of precaution, I thought to include some (Self Assessment) tax returns, older Self-Assessment statements plus a P60 and P45 fromy non-freelance job (which I only held for a negligible time though)
This is a must for EU applicants because passports don't get stamped. The documents (SA, P60 or employer letters) prove your residency in the UK.

dallhano
Newly Registered
Germany

Post by dallhano » Thu Sep 06, 2018 3:46 pm

Thanks that makes sense!

dallhano
Newly Registered
Germany

Post by dallhano » Sat Sep 08, 2018 5:26 pm

I now got two more questions.

1) With view to the question "Have you made any previous UK immigration applications in the UK or abroad?", does an application for the permanent residence card count and need to be listed here?

2) I cannot find the "Tax office reference number" on my Self-Assessment returns. Is this the first three digits of my UTR?

Thanks again!

IcikePicike
Hungary

Post by IcikePicike » Sun Sep 09, 2018 6:01 pm

Please write down your questions and seek help from a solicitor. I'm not sure you can fill out the form on your own.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Sun Sep 09, 2018 6:11 pm

IcikePicike wrote:
Sun Sep 09, 2018 6:01 pm
Please write down your questions and seek help from a solicitor. I'm not sure you can fill out the form on your own.
If dallhano lists the questions they can be answered here. There are numerous reports on the forum of immigration advisors giving poor advice for substantial fees. :idea:
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

dallhano
Newly Registered
Germany

Post by dallhano » Mon Sep 10, 2018 7:11 pm

IcikePicike wrote:
Well aren't you a little darling.

All the questions I have asked here were ones where something was unclear to me, and/or the guidance is somewhat unclear, and/or I just wanted to make absolutely sure as the stakes are quite high - but just to make a show of being superior to others, you cannot abstain from a high'n'mighty comment to demonstrate to the world how darn smart you are. Obviously in a forum where people come to seek advice in matters that are quite important to them, and they may be quite downtrodden, to give you that extra bit of kick.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Mon Sep 10, 2018 7:48 pm

dallhano wrote:
Mon Sep 10, 2018 7:11 pm
IcikePicike wrote:
Well aren't you a little darling.

All the questions I have asked here were ones where something was unclear to me, and/or the guidance is somewhat unclear, and/or I just wanted to make absolutely sure as the stakes are quite high - but just to make a show of being superior to others, you cannot abstain from a high'n'mighty comment to demonstrate to the world how darn smart you are. Obviously in a forum where people come to seek advice in matters that are quite important to them, and they may be quite downtrodden, to give you that extra bit of kick.
I have removed your final comment, although I can appreciate the point you were intending to make.

Please feel free to continue to ask for advice on your application. Helping fellow members in their immigration journey is the sole purpose of the forum. :idea:
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

dallhano
Newly Registered
Germany

Post by dallhano » Fri Sep 14, 2018 11:45 am

Thank you for your kind reply, Casa! I thought my whole post might be deleted for getting a bit personal (not even in the more lighthearted final comment, but rather the paragraph before), but I felt I needed to make this point, and still stand by it.

I have now asked my bookkeeper to confirm my question regarding the tax office reference number, and their response confirmed my suspicion that this does not apply to self employed work, so I am leaving it out.

I will also be entering my previous application (for the permanent residence card).