ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Formal offer letter Required? outside UK application

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

hayley84
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Please Help! Switch from T2 dependent to T2 general

Post by hayley84 » Tue Sep 04, 2018 11:16 am

Hi all,

I am currently on a Tier 2 dependent visa, and I'm planning to switch from the Tier 2 dependent visa to a Tier 2 general visa as my new employer can provide me the sponsorship.

I understand that I have to travel to my home country to switch the visa, however, my employer informed me that I need to secure a visa appointment at my home country first before they can issue me the CoS... I wasn't sure if it is true and tried to explain that visa appointment booking will come after I filled in the visa application form. By filling the visa application form I will need the CoS.

Does anyone had a similar experience before? and if anyone has a confirmed answer if a visa appointment is needed so my employer can issue me the CoS?

Thanks,

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Please Help! Switch from T2 dependent to T2 general

Post by CR001 » Tue Sep 04, 2018 11:17 am

You cannot complete the online form and booking appointment process without the CoS.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

hayley84
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Re: Please Help! Switch from T2 dependent to T2 general

Post by hayley84 » Tue Sep 04, 2018 11:22 am

CR001 wrote:
Tue Sep 04, 2018 11:17 am
You cannot complete the online form and booking appointment process without the CoS.
Thanks! This is also my understanding. Will try to speak to my new employer and explain. They said they require the visa appointment as they were informed by the UK Home Office...

hayley84
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Formal offer letter Required? outside UK application

Post by hayley84 » Thu Sep 06, 2018 2:03 pm

Hi all,

As I am going to switch my Tier 2 dependent visa to a Tier 2 general visa, I am going to apply from my home country.

As I am currently preparing for the documents that I will bring to the visa application centre, I'm wondering if a formal offer from my employer will need to be included in the documents? I tried to search through posts, but there is no confirmed answer. Could anyone who has applied confirm if submitting the COS would be sufficient or I have to ask my employer for a formal letter as well?

Thanks a lot!!

Me_sid
India

Re: Formal offer letter Required? outside UK application

Post by Me_sid » Thu Sep 06, 2018 3:45 pm

hayley84 wrote:
Thu Sep 06, 2018 2:03 pm
Hi all,

As I am going to switch my Tier 2 dependent visa to a Tier 2 general visa, I am going to apply from my home country.

As I am currently preparing for the documents that I will bring to the visa application centre, I'm wondering if a formal offer from my employer will need to be included in the documents? I tried to search through posts, but there is no confirmed answer. Could anyone who has applied confirm if submitting the COS would be sufficient or I have to ask my employer for a formal letter as well?

Thanks a lot!!
Cos is enough, as it shows all information. But if offer letter is attached that's not a harm.