ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Visa refusal to come to the UK !!!

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Russ883
Newly Registered

Visa refusal to come to the UK !!!

Post by Russ883 » Tue May 06, 2008 4:35 pm

Hi...can anyone give me some info plz...My fiance (Malaysian) has just been refused a Settlement visa to come to the UK (we are marrying in June), Reason being for the refusal is that the Interviewer in Kuala Lumpur says that he does not believe we will get married or live together !! is that a reason or what ? we have been in a relationship for 2 years now with numerous visits, her coming here and me going there...Question(s) is/are, is she still allowed to travel here on her Malaysian passport ? and..how long does it take to appeal ?....is it worth speaking to my local MP about this judgement ? I feel so helpless and gutted at the out come.
Cheers..i hope to hear some good news for once !

martha

Post by martha » Wed May 07, 2008 9:48 am

Firstly I would say see a solicitor and see what they say.
You said settlement visa, surely you mean spouse visa? Also, could you go to Kuala Lumpar and marry her in the British Embassy? I think you make make these kind of arrangements, But check this one out. Just something I heard in another case.
I'm sure you can appeal the interviewer's decision. Another interviewer might have given permission. An appeal might take a long time, some months or longer I expect.
But check with a solicitor about marriage over in her country.
Let us know how it goes

Russ883
Newly Registered

Post by Russ883 » Wed May 07, 2008 2:20 pm

Hi Martha
Many thanks for your info, i will try anything at the moment. of course i will keep you updated, many thanks again. Russ