ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tourist & Family visa for the spouse

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Wh0ru
Newly Registered
India

Tourist & Family visa for the spouse

Post by Wh0ru » Sun Sep 09, 2018 12:53 am

Hi everyone,

I am on Tier 2 General visa and will be eligible for ILR in Feb 2019 (5-year route). My fiancé and I are planning to get married in India over Christmas and she'll be travelling to UK on Tourist Visa in January 2019, this will be for maintenance of our relationship.

Once I've successful decision of my ILR she'll be travelling back to India and apply for her Spouse visa. She'll be quitting her job in India before wedding and will be dependent on me until she finds a job in UK (after receiving Spouse visa).

Would there be any issue with her travelling to UK with me in January on Tourist visa and staying for couple of months?

For Spouse visa, apart from her Academic qualifications (recognised by UK NARIC), TB test certificate, Marriage Certificate do we need proof of her finances in India?

Thanks.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Tourist & Family visa for the spouse

Post by seagul » Sun Sep 09, 2018 2:18 am

Does she already hold tourist visa? If no then while lodging this application then reply truly her relationship with you and when she will declare that then ECO might not convince from her intention of social tie which is a key requirement to fulfill for visit & tourist visa. But if she has or will get that then there won't be any problems to live on it as long as she returns back home and apply spouse visa from there.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

Wh0ru
Newly Registered
India

Re: Tourist & Family visa for the spouse

Post by Wh0ru » Sun Sep 09, 2018 12:05 pm

She currently doesn't hold a tourist visa and planning to apply later this month.

Legally we are not married yet! We will be registering our Marriage in November. If I understand it right then applying for Tourist visa now (or before registration) makes more sense. Does she need to declare the intention in the tourist visa application?

At present both of us work for reputed companies, earn decent amount, and she has a property in her name in India to demonstrate strong ties to India. She has travelled before to UK in 2017.