ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Online tranlsations - acceptable to the home office?

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

passerby
Newly Registered
France

Online tranlsations - acceptable to the home office?

Post by passerby » Sun Sep 09, 2018 7:11 pm

Hello,

I need to have my marriage certificate translated, I have spoken to some translating companies online and they only require a scan of the certificate and they return it by email. Physical copy of the translation is extra.

Is this acceptable to the home office? Shall I pay the extra for the physical copy?

Regards.

NikiGio
Member of Standing
Mood:
Italy

Re: Online tranlsations - acceptable to the home office?

Post by NikiGio » Wed Sep 26, 2018 3:30 pm

Hi,
I had mine translated online by a translator based in London, after sending them a scan of the certificate - I got an electronic version of the translation sent by e-mail and I asked for two physical copies of the translation to be sent by post, along with two stamped and signed 'certificates of translation' which stated that it was a true and accurate translation of the original document (they quoted the original document number in the certificate of translation, to prove there's no forgery). A translator from the ITI or CIOL, or a company member of ATC can supply such certification. My translator was an associate of ITI. Everything cost me £52.