ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

"Lost" Correspondence

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Draconiadottir
Newly Registered
United States of America

"Lost" Correspondence

Post by Draconiadottir » Sun Sep 09, 2018 8:59 pm

Hello all,
I applied for an EEA visa last January and heard nothing from the Home Office. I called repeatedly and was told they would not talk to me until 6 months had passed. My partner decided that he wasn't putting our lives on hold any longer and took me to see his family in France. When we tried to return we were separated at the border and border control told us our application had been rejected in February. At that point after being verbally abused by the first border agent those who took over for her finally gave me a copy of my rejection letter. I initially thought the first had just been lost in the mail and despite the fact that my and my partner's rights have been violated and we are now missing our documents we have remained in compliance and made a new application.

However, in reading the news and the boards and from just general hearsay I understand that quite a few people's rejection letters have mysteriously vanished in the normally reliable Royal Post. There's just too many instances of this for it to be the applicants lying or the letters accidentally dissappearing. So what I would like to know is how often does this happen? Or how might I find information on how often this happens. My partner and I are just about resolved to leave the UK but this method used on us if not wholley illegal, smacks of dishonesty. It was damaging enough for us so I cannot imagine what must have befallen others. (In one case I read about a six year old little boy being separated from his mother for a month!) We of course will obey the law but I absolutely must persue this regardless of how our case is ultimately decided.

This is just about the rejection or biometrics letters. I'm interested in loss of documents as well but that issue is already well known.

Best regards and good luck to all.

PAK4
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Re: "Lost" Correspondence

Post by PAK4 » Mon Sep 10, 2018 10:12 am

its not unusual what happened with you :( i lost my all academic certificates in 2014 when i applied for Tier 1 enterprenuer visa. HO was persistent that they have sent me in post along my passport but i never received. And until now i write them so many times but always get same response that they sent it with my passport in 2014.