ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Uk Spouse Visa Priority On Supporting Documents Bundle

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Gunner786
Mood:
United Kingdom

Uk Spouse Visa Priority On Supporting Documents Bundle

Post by Gunner786 » Mon Sep 10, 2018 5:59 pm

I did a uk spouse visa application last month with priority service.

But im reading in threads that you need to write priority service on the bundle as thats the only way they will know its a priority application. Can anyone advise on this cos i dont think my solicitor wrote priority on the envelope but we included the priority receipt and everything else as it should be.

Has been over 5 weeks and my supporting documents have still not been sent back too.

Londoner007
Diamond Member

Re: Uk Spouse Visa Priority On Supporting Documents Bundle

Post by Londoner007 » Mon Sep 10, 2018 8:16 pm

Priority applications are required to write "PRIORITY" along with GWF number on front of the bundle. A lot people forget to do this and then later realise.

here is one person looking for a refund for priority application being treated as non-priority because they didn't write on the bundle its priority - good luck to him ever getting the refund.
Verily, After Hardship Comes Ease

Gunner786
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Gunner786 » Wed Sep 12, 2018 6:25 am

Biometrics was on 24th. Documents sent on 26th and they signed for it on 30th july.

I got this email on 3rd september
Thank you for contacting UK Visas and Immigration International Contact Centre.
With regards to your enquiry about the status of your application, I can confirm that your application is being considered and is currently awaiting a decision.
Regards,
Nasima
UK Visas and Immigration.

And this on 5th september
Your online application has been received at the UK Decision Making Centre. Your application is currently being prepared for consideration by an Entry Clearance Officer.

If you have made a Settlement application (except for applications lodged in USA and Canada): you must ensure that your UK sponsor has sent all relevant supporting documentation to the UK Decision Making Centre in Sheffield. The documents should be arranged in this order: application form and relevant Appendix* (See below); English language evidence; relationship documents; maintenance documents; accommodation documents. If documents are not received a decision will be taken on the basis on the information that has been provided.

But supporting evidence not returned yet. Its coming upto 6 weeks now.

Londoner007
Diamond Member

Post by Londoner007 » Wed Sep 12, 2018 9:11 am

They've probably put your application on the normal non-priority que perhaps.

Sometimes support documents are also returned after a decision is made.
Verily, After Hardship Comes Ease