ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Applying for UK Residence Card without EEA FP

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

staring_elf
Newly Registered
Mood:
Singapore

Applying for UK Residence Card without EEA FP

Post by staring_elf » Tue Sep 11, 2018 6:29 am

Hello all,

I am new here, I have been following this forum for quite a while but am still unable to find clear information on what to do next.

My story:
I'm in the midst of applying for my EEA FP. I submitted my EEA FP application about 3 months ago. Even though I have requested for several escalations to process my visa, the visa status still remains the same: Awaiting a decision.

At this point I am pretty desperate and am thinking of withdrawing my EEA FP application and just go to the UK with my passport.

Since I do not require a visa to enter the UK and can stay up to 6 months, I have read that it is possible to apply directly for a UK residence card without an EEA FP? Is that true?

However I still have some concerns, without the EEA FP:

1. Would it be possible for my name to be added into the tenancy agreement along with my husband if we were to rent an apartment?

2. I heard that in order to apply for the RC, we will have to show a few bills (gas/water/electric/phone etf) under our names (joint or separately). Would I be able to get these bills under my name since I don't have an EEA FP? Or will a passport suffice?

3. Will I be able to get a National Insurance number?

Any help/suggestion would be appreciated.

Thank you!