ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

PR test - 1.5 years early

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

jonbon

PR test - 1.5 years early

Post by jonbon » Wed May 07, 2008 2:35 pm

Hi Folks

About 1.5 years remain for my wife to apply for her PR. Can she sit the Britishness test now? I'm just thinking that procedures are anyways going to get burdensome and fees higher in future than they are right now?

What is your advise?

Cheerio

Jon

MORBULOUS_PRIME

Re: PR test - 1.5 years early

Post by MORBULOUS_PRIME » Wed May 07, 2008 2:49 pm

jonbon wrote:Hi Folks

About 1.5 years remain for my wife to apply for her PR. Can she sit the Britishness test now? I'm just thinking that procedures are anyways going to get burdensome and fees higher in future than they are right now?

What is your advise?

Cheerio

Jon
As it stands now the test is good for life... Remember that's "as it stands right now"... I would not worry about it until a closer date, you can reserve a time to sit it usually 7 days in advance.

bani

Post by bani » Wed May 07, 2008 3:50 pm

You never know if the test or the requirements for PR will change within that time, I would just wait until a closer date.

RobinLondon
Member of Standing

Post by RobinLondon » Wed May 07, 2008 3:57 pm

I sat my exam in July 2006, and I'm only applying for ILR next month. Almost two years later!

But if I were to do it again now, I wouldn't. I think the immigration requirements of 2010 may be nothing like what we have now in 2008. I don't think that this was the case for 2006 v. 2008.

Just my 2 pence worth.