ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 General | Appointment from UK | Spouse tier 2 dependent (ICT main applicant)

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

General1905
India

Tier 2 General visa |Maintenance for migrants|BRP | ICT | Dependent

Post by General1905 » Mon Aug 27, 2018 4:47 pm

Hi helper,

Thanks in advance for your replies!

I have below urgent queries which i request you to address as soon as you can

1. If my Intra Company transfer(ICT) dependent visa is in process of extension with Home Office(i.e my old BRP is expired and waiting for a new one) then can I apply for Tier 2 General visa? Reason i am asking is, in application form when there is the question "UK visa issued in 10 years" I am not sure what to fill as the decision is still pending.

2. My spouse is on ICT and she is the main applicant. If i go for Tier 2 General visa and take her as dependent will her ICT visa cancel if she get my dependent? Also can i go for her dependent with me as she is already an ICT main applicant.

3. Is a document stating Maintenance for migrant from Sponsor required if "Maintenance for Migrant" is Y in Registered COS.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Tier 2 General visa |Maintenance for migrants|BRP | ICT | Dependent

Post by CR001 » Mon Aug 27, 2018 7:11 pm

1. If my Intra Company transfer(ICT) dependent visa is in process of extension with Home Office(i.e my old BRP is expired and waiting for a new one) then can I apply for Tier 2 General visa? Reason i am asking is, in application form when there is the question "UK visa issued in 10 years" I am not sure what to fill as the decision is still pending.
You have to apply for Tier 2 General from home country so you have to withdraw your application which will end your section 3C protection if your last visa has already expired.
2. My spouse is on ICT and she is the main applicant. If i go for Tier 2 General visa and take her as dependent will her ICT visa cancel if she get my dependent? Also can i go for her dependent with me as she is already an ICT main applicant.
Yes, her ICT visa will be cancelled when a new dependent visa is issued. She can change visas within the UK once you have your tier 2 general visa.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

General1905
India

Tier 2 General | Appointment from UK | Spouse tier 2 dependent (ICT main applicant)

Post by General1905 » Tue Sep 11, 2018 3:27 pm

Hi helpful people :)

Some urgent help required for below queries

1. As I am on ICT dependent, can i SUBMIT the application and book an appointment for India while I am in UK and then go to India on appointment date for document submission? Do you see any rejection risk in this case .Or should I book an appointment and submit the application only when i reach India.

2. Can my spouse also apply with me for tier 2 general dependent from India ..even if she already have valid tier 2 ICT (main applicant)
Does she need to inform her organisation in advance before applying for General dependent or is that ok to update them after we will get the tier 2 dependent visa.
If she can apply for tier 2 dependent what will happen to her ICT visa?

3. Is it needed for my spouse to put the paper in the company first and then apply for tier 2 general dependent

4. Suggestion needed: As I have already explained my situation , should i put my wife's dependent along with my Tier 2 General application? . Just in case my visa gets rejected will she still hold Tier 2 ICT as she is the main applicant?

Thanks in advance!

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Tier 2 General | Appointment from UK | Spouse tier 2 dependent (ICT main applicant)

Post by CR001 » Tue Sep 11, 2018 4:22 pm

Topics Merged (click to read)
1. As I am on ICT dependent, can i SUBMIT the application and book an appointment for India while I am in UK and then go to India on appointment date for document submission? Do you see any rejection risk in this case .Or should I book an appointment and submit the application only when i reach India.
Probably you can, however you are required to complete any travel you have made to the UK (as far as I understand) and you won't be able to put an end date if you are still in the UK.
2. Can my spouse also apply with me for tier 2 general dependent from India ..even if she already have valid tier 2 ICT (main applicant)
Does she need to inform her organisation in advance before applying for General dependent or is that ok to update them after we will get the tier 2 dependent visa.
If she can apply for tier 2 dependent what will happen to her ICT visa?
Your spouse can change to dependent visa WITHIN the UK. The can apply from India if you choose to. Your choice. If granted a dependent visa, their ICT visa will be cancelled, as already advised when you asked this previously.
3. Is it needed for my spouse to put the paper in the company first and then apply for tier 2 general dependent
No. They can apply for dependent visa first and then inform their employer.
4. Suggestion needed: As I have already explained my situation , should i put my wife's dependent along with my Tier 2 General application? . Just in case my visa gets rejected will she still hold Tier 2 ICT as she is the main applicant?
If your spouse is in the UK, you cannot add them to your application in home country. If you are both in home country, then you can apply together. If your visas are refused, it has no effect on the ICT visa.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

General1905
India

Re: Tier 2 General | Appointment from UK | Spouse tier 2 dependent (ICT main applicant)

Post by General1905 » Sun Sep 16, 2018 12:20 pm

Thanks for your help. Much appreciated!