ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

HMPO sms - "Do not book travel until your passport is received"

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

astaron
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

HMPO sms - "Do not book travel until your passport is received"

Post by astaron » Wed Sep 12, 2018 12:42 pm

Hi guys,
I write you because some minute ago I received a message from HMPO saying:
"We'll contact you by 03/10 if more info or an interview is required.
DO not book travel until your passport is received".

I actually have a flight ticket booked for Friday! ¬___¬'

Since I applyied for both Citizenship and Passport together, I'm not sure if this may be a problem related to both or just the passport.
I'll be away just for one week, but I don't know if this may be a problem.

I don't need the British passport since I can fly with the one from my country so, if the reason of this sms is just that I MAY NOT HAVE the passport ready by the time I have to flight out, this may not be an issue at all, but is this the only reason?

If they wanna book an interview, is it something I'm going to be contacted by phone, email, or post?
How much time do I have to answer them, and how much notice do they give, if they contact me next week and I'm not in UK?

Also, do I have to notify them about this, or it is not important?
And how do I contact them, please?

Thank you very much for your help and courtesy.
Kind regards.

alterhase58
Germany

Re: HMPO sms - "Do not book travel until your passport is received"

Post by alterhase58 » Wed Sep 12, 2018 2:18 pm

Have you attend the cit. ceremony yet?
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

astaron
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by astaron » Wed Sep 12, 2018 3:02 pm

not yet.
I sent the whole envelop with the copied of all documents, citizenship online application and passport paper application just some week ago.

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Wed Sep 12, 2018 3:15 pm

In that case I would ignore the text message. Passport will only be issued when you are British (after ceremony). You can still travel with your other passport. Messages regarding passport processing are not an indication that your AN application is approved.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

astaron
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by astaron » Wed Sep 12, 2018 3:22 pm

That I suspected, and anyway I'm italian.
I can keep both passports, since I will have dual citizenship.

but thing is, do I need to inform them that I'll be out of the country, in case they wanna book an interview to verify my documents at my place?
This message I received may be related to the citizenship application, and not only to the passport, maybe?

If yes, is there a telephone number in particular or an email address?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Sep 12, 2018 3:43 pm

astaron wrote:
Wed Sep 12, 2018 3:22 pm
but thing is, do I need to inform them that I'll be out of the country, in case they wanna book an interview to verify my documents at my place?
This message I received may be related to the citizenship application, and not only to the passport, maybe?
No you do not. You are only British once you attend the ceremony. The text messages from HMPO are automated. HMPO only deals with Passport apps not your citizenship app.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

astaron
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by astaron » Wed Sep 12, 2018 4:58 pm

oh, I see.
Strange that they have started dealing with the passport application without having confirmation that the citizenship application has been approved nor the ceremony happened.

All right, then.
I guess there's really nothing to be worried about.

Thanx a lot, CR001.

jmmo20

Post by jmmo20 » Thu Sep 13, 2018 11:43 am

CR001 wrote:
Wed Sep 12, 2018 3:43 pm
astaron wrote:
No you do not. You are only British once you attend the ceremony. The text messages from HMPO are automated. HMPO only deals with Passport apps not your citizenship app.
Not exactly.
They won't hold dual UK/Italy citizenship. Instead they will hold two separate citizenships. And as long as either country has no issues with people holding more than one citizenship, they can keep both. I don't know about Italy but the UK does not make you give up previous citizenships.

I have two citizenships: British and Spanish. For Spain I'm only Spanish. In Britain I'm only British. Elsewhere I choose which citizenship I use. In Europe soon it will be beneficial to travel only as Spanish national. When I travel to the USA using the British passport is more beneficial.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Sep 13, 2018 1:52 pm

jmmo20 wrote:
Thu Sep 13, 2018 11:43 am
CR001 wrote:
Wed Sep 12, 2018 3:43 pm
astaron wrote:
Not exactly.
They won't hold dual UK/Italy citizenship. Instead they will hold two separate citizenships. And as long as either country has no issues with people holding more than one citizenship, they can keep both. I don't know about Italy but the UK does not make you give up previous citizenships.

I have two citizenships: British and Spanish. For Spain I'm only Spanish. In Britain I'm only British. Elsewhere I choose which citizenship I use. In Europe soon it will be beneficial to travel only as Spanish national. When I travel to the USA using the British passport is more beneficial.
Who exactly are you responding to?? I certainly have made no reference to the dual citizenship aspect so your post is not clear and is confusing!!

For info - dual citizenship means 'two separate citizens' so not sure what exactly you mean by your comment.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.