ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

MN1- NDRS original document return query

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Aman18
Newly Registered
India

MN1- NDRS original document return query

Post by Aman18 » Thu Sep 13, 2018 10:52 pm

Dear All,
Could anyone help me with my queries, please? I recently got my ILR through SET (LR- 10 yrs residency) and my wife is in tier 1 entrepreneur visa. I’m planning to apply for my 5 yrs old child’s MN1 and British passport through NDRS who is born in UK. Please help me with the following queries:
1. Will NDRS return my child’s home country passport and his BRP (which is Tier 1 Entrepreneur dependant visa) after they check the originals while submitting the application there?
2. If NDRS return the home country passport and BRP, can my child travel to his home country after applying for MN1 and the British passport? Because the whole process supposedly takes around 2 months and we have a travel plan immediately after applying due to personal reason.

Thank you 🙏 in advance.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: MN1- NDRS original document return query

Post by CR001 » Thu Sep 13, 2018 10:59 pm

1. Yes.

2. Yes. Don't forget the child needs to enroll biometrics.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Aman18
Newly Registered
India

Re: MN1- NDRS original document return query

Post by Aman18 » Thu Sep 13, 2018 11:35 pm

Thank you very much for quick response, CR001. Your help is very much appreciated.

Surely, we’ll travel after his biometrics is done.

One more quick query, please; would there be any issue if the child returns back to UK with his home country’s passport and BRP after the British passport has been issued and received by one of the parents present here in UK. Does his BRP become invalid once the British passport is issued? His BRP is valid until 2020.

Thank you loads again!