ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse visa employment outside the UK no payslips

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Teetads
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Spouse visa employment outside the UK no payslips

Post by Teetads » Sat Sep 15, 2018 3:20 am

I don't know if anyone can help me as I seem to be in a rare situation.
I work abroad and I applied for a spouse visa for my husband. I had everything that was required for the application apart from payslips as my employer abroad does NOT give us payslips. I got a letter from my employer to that effect stating that they don't issue payslips but pay my salary directly into my UK bank account.
My application was refused and from what I can gather it is because I did not submit payslips from my job abroad. I have a job offer in the UK which meets the financial threshold and everything else was adhered to.
Can anyone advice on what to do as it isn't my fault that my employer abroad does NOT give us payslips. It says evidence should be a reasonable equivalent to that set out in paragraph 2 and (where relevant) paragraph 2A. Isn't a bank statement showing salary paid and a letter from my employer confirming they do not issue payslips not a reasonable equivalent? Can you please tell me what we may be able to do in terms of appealing or reapplying. If you have any questions, I will be happy to reply asap. Below is their response. Thanks.

Under paragraph EC-P.1.1.(d) you do not meet all of the eligibility requirements of section E.ECP of appendix FM for the following reasons:

Eligibility relationship requirement
You meet the eligibility relationship requirement of paragraph EC-P.2.1 to 2.10

Eligibility financial requirement
You have stated that your sponsor can meet the financial threshold through salaried employment outside the UK with a job offer in the UK. From the documents provided it appears your sponsor was employed by xxx. In respect of salaried employment outside the UK, evidence should be a reasonable equivalent to that set out in paragraph 2 and (where relevant) paragraph 2A
(a) Payslips covering:
(i) a period of 6 months prior to the date of application if the person has been employed by their current employer for at least 6 months (and where paragraph 13(b) of this
Appendix does not apply); or
(ii) any period of salaried employment in the period of 12 months prior to the date of
application if the person has been employed by their current employer for less than 6
months (or at least 6 months but the person does not rely on paragraph 13(a) of this
Appendix), or in the financial year(s) relied upon by a self-employed person.
(b) A letter from the employer(s) who issued the payslips at paragraph 2(a) confirming:
(i) the person's employment and gross annual salary;
(ii) the length of their employment;
(iii) the period over which they have been or were paid the level of salary relied upon in
the application; and
(iv) the type of employment (permanent, fixed-term contract or agency).

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Spouse visa employment outside the UK no payslips

Post by seagul » Sat Sep 15, 2018 10:39 am

A bona fide emloyer always issues payslips showing the gross income and net income after the tax & other deductions. Payslips are mandatory.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.